What sport has better overall athletes: NBA or MLS?

Favorite Answer

the NBA has the best athletes out of the four major sports and better athletes then the MLS. MLS may be more conditioned, but NBA players have far more athletic skills. Sprinting, agility, and jumping abilities come to mind.

The MLS has better overall athletes. Athletes in the NBA compete less than 48 mintues during a game. Athletes in the MLS compete for a much as 90 minutes during the game. Thus the MLS athletes need to be in better shape.

Professional basketball involves 3 things: running, faster running, and full sprint. Everybody on the court is moving, moving, moving. I watch soccer and I always see people "standing around" waiting for the ball to come in their general direction. HOWEVER, soccer players are always in great shape. So no "knocks" at soccer players, but my answer would have to be the NBA. Only because its the MLS you're comparing them to. If it was "soccer in general", then my answer would be "soccer in general." But since its the MLS, and their not the best soccer players in the world, my answer is the NBA. They have far much better athletes. If the question was: "What sport has better athletes? Basketball or Soccer?, then my answer would be different.

Better overall athletes SOCCER players by far. If you put an NBA player and a MLS player in a contest for stamina the MLS player would win.

MLS has wicked conditioning, but these guys can run for 90 minutes and kick a ball...I have respect for the level and intensity of these mens play, but overall I think NBA athletes have more all around ability, what this shooting, dribbling, passing, etc.

The MLS doesn't event have the best athletes in its own sport. The European and Central/South American leagues have way better players. I think they should concentrate on that before picking on a league that has the best athletes in the world (even if they can't win the olypics lol)

MLS

Less breaks, lots of running and conditioning. Additionally, MLS have a bigger field to cover. Unlike the NBA, more strategy is involved: passing, throwing, crossing, etc.

NBA

Tons and tons of running. Factor in jumping and using the upper body. In the NBA, a player must be ready to run AT ALL TIMES, unlike MLS who can slow the ball down and take their time passing the ball.

Verdict: Both of them are about equal when it comes to athleticism.

Source(s): Fan of both sports

MLS - the conditioning is brutal.

Can't see many of today's NBA stars willing to work that hard and risk looking sweaty for their endorsements!

MLS;

the NBA is full of hotdogs & show-boaters.

I say soccer is a much more demanding sport than basketball.