If the Earth was created by God 6000 years ago, and Jesus "invented" Christianity 2000 years ago......

...then WTF was God doing for 4000 years? And, if Christianity, (which is the "only true religion") didnt exist until that point, what does that say about God? Furthermore, if God is all loving and all forgiving, why was he so evil as to make the poor Israelites walk in a desert for 40 years as... show more ...then WTF was God doing for 4000 years? And, if Christianity, (which is the "only true religion") didnt exist until that point, what does that say about God?
Furthermore, if God is all loving and all forgiving, why was he so evil as to make the poor Israelites walk in a desert for 40 years as punishment?? I thought that if I beleived, I was forgiven - yet they were punished. He also slaughtered the children of his followers and commited many other acts that I hardly can define as compassionate or all loving.....
Update: Response #1 - Im leaning towards giving you ten points - so you can buy an education! What teh heck are you saying here?? Response #4 - Jesus existed prior to the creation of the earth? Thats news to me - I thought he was born to a virgin about 2000 years ago. Never ceases to amaze me how you people can devise an... show more Response #1 - Im leaning towards giving you ten points - so you can buy an education! What teh heck are you saying here?? Response #4 - Jesus existed prior to the creation of the earth? Thats news to me - I thought he was born to a virgin about 2000 years ago. Never ceases to amaze me how you people can devise an answer for anything! How can a MORTAL MAN have exited prior to the creation of earth?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Pass that bong this way!
Update 2: So let me get this straight - God creates the world and man, and gives us free will do choose over good or evil. We have FREE WILL to choose, however if we make the wrong choice, he is going to punish us. Then, after living a life of hell on earth, being punished for living a sinful life, Im going to be cast into... show more So let me get this straight - God creates the world and man, and gives us free will do choose over good or evil. We have FREE WILL to choose, however if we make the wrong choice, he is going to punish us. Then, after living a life of hell on earth, being punished for living a sinful life, Im going to be cast into Hell?? By an all loving God that forgives all sins? Am I the only person having a hard time wrapping my head around that concept? How can you say that he is all loving, all compassionate, and all forgiving, and then in the same breath say that he will punish you if you disobey him??

And, for the record, it is CREATIONIST (people who beleive in the literal translation of the Christian Bible) that say that the world was created 6000 years ago. I know how ridiculous that is....