The Matrix - Is Neo superman? SERIOUSLY?

I had this debate but was basically told to shut up by my friend (nice, I know) Correct me if I'm wrong but...

If Neo is the One but the One was really just manufactured by the machines to believe he was the One in the matrix how come he had powers in the real world? He stopped them sentinals with his internal EMP and the could see "Mr Anderson"-guy when he was in that crew members body EVEN THO he was blind. I don't get it, that surely means that they crossed into the supernatural and not just highly unlikely. HELP!

Favorite Answer

the second movie made out that it was just a form of control.

the whole resistance movement and the coming of a hero, it would keep the population moving in a direction you could monitor and control, although they are ignorant of your knowledge.

But when Neo was outside and EMPd the squidies at the end it made us all beleive that perhaps they had lost control of their control and the ONE had evolved into something greater. I also thought that maybe zion and the outside world was just another fantasy, but one where humans beleived they were free.

Making a population beleive they are free is a sure way to oppress them forever.

Dont ask me about the third film, it was completely nuts and ruined the fiirst two.

I've actually forgotten most of it, which is how i want it to stay!!

The machines had recreated the anomaly of the 1 too many times that the components of the machine world and the human world of Neo and His Nemesis Smith were beginning to get interchanged. Hence Smith became powerful enough to enter the real world via some body's brain through the matrix while Neo's human body had developed some components of the machine world hence he could enter the Matrix with out being plugged in and he could see in machine city even when blinded. Hence if Neo had not accepted the Oracle's advice and United himself with smith thus ending the anomaly once and for all if the machines Had recreated the anomaly of Neo and Smith and Zion one more time it would have destroyed the real world and the virtual world of the machines because both would have become too powerful. I hope this explanation helps..

The matrix was constructed with a failsafe..the realworld as seen by morpheus, neo, trinity et al. This fail safe was used as a pressure release to stop the whole matrix from collapsing. Neo was able to use his abilities within the matrix as prophesied, but he also transcended to such a state of awareness that he realised his "real world" was also fake and could use extranorma abilities there too.

Source(s): It is all explained in the films

Apparently, Neo is supposed to be a Christ-like figure, what with the whole Saviour of mankind thing.

Superman just goes around saving people from obvious dangers, like roofs caving in, etc. Jesus, in Christian tradition, goes around saving people from not-so obvious dangers, like eternal damnation..., allegedly.

• NEOTEH

I think he was that's world's version of him but was limited in may ways as superman as we have just seen from the recent movie is not

He was the One because of the power his mind had in the real world.Because of that power he was able to over come the laws of cyber space.

Specially in the second movie, he is kind of like superman, when he kind of flies, very superman like.

Did he ever leave the matrix???

Their both fake. It's not real.

It's a film you moron....