Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

do you wear mary-jane shoes with socks or no?

My uniform at work is all black. I just bought these new pair of shoes they're the mary-jane style shoes with close toed and the little strap going across it. I was wondering whether I should wear socks with them or no socks? What if I'm wearing stockings, do I wear socks on top of the stockings and then the shoes? Basically, do I wear socks with mary-jane shoes?

Best Answer

Honestly only a few women can pull it off wearing socks with Mary-Jane, and it also depends on your clothing. But since you're wearing black uniform, I'd say don't wear it with socks- especially if you're wearing stockings.

Mary Jane's could look really nice with ultra sheer black stockings You could wear socks, for the 50's retro look, or just the stockings for that hot 60's look. Either way, I would wear the stockings, because it makes the uniform really feminine and a little sexy. If you really want to be sexy, wear the stockings with a garter belt. It is very 50's and 60's and so much fun to wear. I wear one to the office everyday because I hate pantyhose, and thi highs always feel like they are going to fall down.

Mary jane style shoes can go either with socks or without socks. I have done both. Just go with how your feeling at the time you get dressed...socks.....no socks.

I would say just wear them with stockings. Socks might make you look like a little girl, unless thats what your going for.

You don't have to, stockings are fine, but if you want to wear them wear them over your stockings, wear the little thin anklets with the ruffle an top. Another thing you can do is wear the opaque thi-highs with the little bow, like with the School Girl and Dorthy costumes. Check them out on this website. www.pantiesareus.com

Source(s): www.pantiesareus.com

I would say some thin stocking socks, but NOT white ones!

My Mary-Janes only get worn with stockings, tights or bare legs. Much more elegant.

NO

Stockings alone - yes

No socks

NO!!!!! If any thing nude stalkings... unless your trying to go for the 90's Lisa Lowe look

just put on some nude or tan stockings.