What are some good songs for the Bride to walk down the isle to?

Instrumental only or songs with words are fine. I have most of my songs picked but this one. Thanks a Bunch!

Favorite Answer

Pachelbel's Canon D is always a good song. I'm torn between "Come What May" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack and Il Divo's "Ave Maria."

Check out The Knot to see what other bride's are picking. It's a very informative site...I'm addicted. *wink*

• 2 decades ago

If you're walking to get married "Here Comes the Bride" works well and once you are married Mendelssohn's "Wedding March" works. Some people break from tradition and choose Cannon in D by Pachelbel. Honestly you can choose whatever music you want. If you want you could use the "Stars and Stripes Forever" by John Phillip Sousa as a processional. Or maybe Billy Idols "Blue Highway." Its really up to you.

I suggest you call a local College with a Music Department and start asking questions. Ask for the Music History Department. Or call a wedding planner.

• 2 decades ago

I walked to Canon in D, it is an instrumental. Air on a G String is good to. There is also the bridal march by wagner - but I think it's kind of stale sounding. Do a google search for Wedding Processional Music. That should bring up some sites that will let you sample the music - so you can here it.

Good Luck.

• 2 decades ago

Try looking up Micheal Soloway.......his options of guitar, piano, etc. He's great and all your choices of song in one person

1. Caro Mio Ben

2. Rondeau

3. Sheep May Safely Graze

4. Jerusalem Of Gold

5. Bridal Chorus

6. Dance Of The Spirits

7. Ave Maria

8. Air (Water Music)

9. Barcarolle

10. Spring (Four Seasons)

11. Air on the G String

12. Wedding March

13. Canon in D

14. Minuet in G

15. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

16. Prince of Denmark's March

17. Romance

18. Intermezzo

19. Hornpipe

20. Hatikvah

21. Largo (Four Seasons)

22. Allegro Maestoso

• 2 decades ago

Wedding Song (There Is Love) by Paul Stookey

Here are the lyrics:

He is now to be among you at the calling of your hearts

Rest assured this troubadour is acting on his part

The union of your spirits here has caused him to remain

For whenever two or more of you are gathered in his name

There is love

There is love

Well a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home

They shall travel on to where the two shall be as one

As it was in the beginning, is now until the end

Woman draws her life from man and gives it back again

And there's love

There is love

Well then what's to be reason for becoming man and wife

Is it love that brings you here, or love that gives you life

For if loving is the answer, then who's the giving for?

Do you believe in something that you've never seen before?

Oh, there's love

There is love

• 2 decades ago

we entered the church together, my husband and i. since that is how you do it in Europe. we walked in to a very nice instrumental song. dont know how it goes in english. but its some like this: "i chose you, i chose you, from millions and millions of flowers i chose you." we then walked out after the wedding, again together of course, to an instrumental melody that goes like this: "i feel it in my fingers, i feel it in my toes. love is all around me and so the feeling goes..."

dont stick with the traditional, "here comes the bride" song. and dont have the other traditional wedding martch after the wedding is over. thats soooo boring and old. pick something different. try NOT to use words in a song. it distracts the poeple and they wont be paying attention to you.

• 2 decades ago

Luther Vandross..Here and Now..Beautiful song to walk down the Isle to.

once you're saying no longer something in any respect by employing Allison Kraus White wedding ceremony by employing Billy Idol? i do no longer want to omit a difficulty...Aerosmith With palms huge open by employing Creed I walk the line~Johnny funds

• 2 decades ago

Pachelbel's Cannon in D. You can find this in different variations, such as in acoustic guitar. I did this for my wedding and it was beautiful. Good luck and congrats on the wedding!!!

• 2 decades ago

Canon in D

Congrat's on the wedding!