I am getting some mails but i dont know woh is sending. nigeria is that place from where i am getting mails?

those mails are regarding Charles Taylor former President of Liberia.

• landkm
    Favorite Answer

I get those to they are a scam. They want you to send bank account information phone number etc but don't.

Scams And Shams Found In Your Email

You will probably encounter more and more junk mail (spam) in your email box as your address gets known on the internet. Your email address can be found at any newsgroup site that you have posted to, any response to any newsgroup item that you have made, any chat room that you have participated in or simply anywhere that you have given your email address on the net. As a result, you can be part of a bulk email list used by con artists trying to peddle their scams and shams. Here are a few scams that you might encounter in your email:

Pyramid Schemes. Beware of any multi-level marketing plan where you make money by recruiting other members into the plan. Usually, you are not selling products and if you are, you are asked to purchase a great deal of upfront inventory at high prices. Pyramid schemes are illegal.

Investment Opportunities. Emails advertising great returns on little investment with no risk. This can include investments in business opportunities. Usually the opportunity is a bogus business opportunity in which the sender is trying to make you part with your money.

Stock Opportunities. Promoters who are trying to promote a stock will send you an email trying to entice you to buy a stock which in reality has no real prospects. The classic pump and dump scam where the promoter pumps up the stock with heavy promotion and then dumps the stock for a profit is a common theme. In the end the innocent investor is left with stock whose price has fallen before he has had a chance to react to the stocks fall.

Chain Letters. This is the classic scam where the recipient of a letter or in this case an email is ask to pay a small amount to each person on the list and then send on the letter to another person who in turn will do the same. This scheme is illegal.

Health and Diet Scams. These offers that you find in your email box tout new methods to lose weigh effortlessly or with some magic pill. The representations are false but many people want to pay the necessary price to find out for themselves.

Work-At-Home Scams. In this scam you are promised a plan where you can make lots of money at home. Typically, you are paying to see some worthless videos and brochures.

Online Credit Repair Scams - The email promises that negative information on your credit report with credit bureaus can be erased for an upfront fee. It is illegal and impossible to remove negative information from a credit report where is the information is true. If the information is false you can call the credit bureau directly and have the information remove for free.

Vacation Prize Promotions. This scam advertises that you can have a great luxurious vacation at a inexpensive price. Beware of hidden costs that are not included such as taxes or air travel costs. Furthermore, the accommodations are of poor quality and far away from a desired location.

International Telephone Fraud. In this scam you receive an email message stating that a large order of goods has been billed to your credit card and you must call an international number to cancel the order. Once you call the number, you are later billed for the international long-distance call.

Am sick and tired of hearing scam emails are from Nigeria/Africa, those people don't know much about programming, the real problem is the people repling the mail only to fall victims as a result of their greed, I recieve phished emails every week from scammers out there and not from africa (if not companies like eBay and Paypal would have being blowing an alarm ) but from here among us, you don't see me complianing because am not stupid, the scamming will stop one day, and hopefully you will see the the real problem

Don't reply. Most of those e-mails are scams. Besides, Charles Taylor is no longer in Nigeria. He is standing trial elsewhere in Africa.

Don't invest in the diamonds. Those bastards took my money, I don't want it to happen to you too. Chuck Taylor All Stars were a good tennis shoe from back in the day, but thats a separate issue.

Did you live in Nigeria before? or have you ever been there?

Well, I lived there before but I dont anymore and I get alot of those e-mails too, just delete them, thats what I do.

I received several since 2000 , even a contract ready, for me to collect deposit money in Europe,all I have do,to pay some money in advances, so Gals and Guys -open your eye,dont be conned,by these creatures

Source(s): If you want to recieved some,just register for frienships on the net, or LIKELY on single-gi

Just don't send them any money. Ever. And don't cash any checks from Nigeria. You may end up having to cover them. DON'T CASH THEM. They're bogus.

They are all a scam. Just delete them or report them as spam.

if you don't want to get the emails, report them as spam when you open the email. You should not get them anymore.

DO NOT ANSWER, IT IS ALL A SCAM ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY IF YOU DO ANS. NEED TO PUT THEM ON "IGNORE"