Why do people write books refuting the validity of fiction novels?

I mean, we have the Da Vinci Code and about 30 books written to refute it's validity. It's in the fiction section. Explain this to me please. Is he starting his own religion like L.Ron Hubbard?

Favorite Answer

I think people have a lot of time to do stupid things, and little time to do great things, and also because probably it will sell a lot just like the best seller they are refuting on the first place due to the fact that there is also a lot of other stupid people that has a lot of time to read those books

We have this for the same reason we can't have violent cartoons. People are convinced we're all idiots and can't tell fact from fiction without censorship. Oh, and parenting, they think we can't parent our own kids, so they have to make sure our kids 'grow up right' by telling them what to think rather than teach them how to use reason and logic to deduce the truth. ie, In the fiction section I find Star Wars/Trek novels (that's not real???? no way!), Literary classics (now, I know Sherlock Holmes was a real detective!), and many many many books written about aliens, talking animals, future events, time travel, etc. (all things I see EVERY day). I can use reason to know that a book found here is lumped in with these books because it's not real, or I can go to the nonfiction section and buy a book for $30 to TELL me it's not real (what a bargain!)

Fun Fact, in 2005, New Zealand actually put it to a vote to decide if people could say that being a JEDI was their religion!

Books like the Da Vinci Code and the Gospel of Judas are refuted because they go against what is written in the Bible. The Bible is the inerrant, inspired word of God. Books like the Da Vinci Code and the Gospel of Judas are meant to cause people to question and doubt what is written in the Bible. These books should be classified as lies, not fiction. A fiction book is a made up story about made up people. These books are about real people, but the events in the book are made up. Thus they are lies. DO NOT READ THEM!!!

The best idea is one that is already generating a response. They are just riding the wave. OR

Self defense. They feel insecure in the knowledge of their faith and have to prove it to others that their faith is justified.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Da Vinci Code. I intend to get more books of Dan Brown's because he is a very good author.

As to a man beginning his own religion...I think that happens when people start to agree with a persons ideals and adopt them as their own. "There is nothing new under the sun" Ecclesiastes 1:1-3 So really when you think about it: It has happened, it happens, it will always happen. It just depends on how firmly Dan Brown believes in his own doctrine, I guess.

No, it's insecurity. People feel, maybe, as if their faith is under attack; as if some people will believe it (it is not the first place the theory has popped up), and then the church will somehow be weakened. THere are elements of truth in what he wrote. THe church DID co-opt pagan holidays, the council at Nicea did occur, the goddess centered religions did not have satan - the church invented that concept. So, as some elements are true, it is possible people will believe that other aspects are true. So, people feel the need to refute it. Why the people who are religious are so concerned about what others believe, past the point of "saving" us, I cannot, nor ever have, fathom.

That's just my opinion.

• wilder

there's a chain referred to as factors of Fiction Writing that has countless books alongside with Plot, character, Beginnings, Middles and Ends, conflict and Suspense, talk, Description and placing. they have helped me notably. There are countless authors so basically form in factors of Fiction Writing on Amazon and it may pull up each and all of the books.

The ENEMY comes in all shapes and forms. In the Bible it states that in people will be deceived in the Last days before the Anti-Christ comes into power. To me that is just another part of the prophecy. But also remember that the Enemy (Devil) will try anything to turn a person away from Our Lord and Savior.

The same people refute the veracity of the Davinci code seem to be unaware that the bible is also a work of fiction.

But they'll stubbornly stick to thier dogma instead of reality.

Sad really...

actually the claim is that all the secret societies listed in the book are real....which can be disputed. the guys that sued him for copyright infringment wrote a book claiming the priory of scion was real. but it is probably a fake and a fraud. but as that book was written as nonfiction Dan Brown can use it as asource for research to support his claim of the secret society. IN the bible it never mentions the fact that jesus was married...nor does it say he was unmarried and celibate. make up your own mind

Because too many people believe it to be non fiction...I guess basing it on the fact that every fairy tale has a smigden of truth to it