en asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

biography or any info. bout estrella alfon.?

Favorite Answer

Snippets from here and there :

Estrella Alfon (1917-1983) was the only one of the filipino authors of that period who did not come from the intelligentsia, but was a daughter of a store keeper from Cebu island. Also she was the last of the well known writers with an agrarian background.

A member of the U.P. Writers Club, she held the National Fellowship in Fiction post at the U.P. Creative Writing Center in 1979.

She belonged to a young writers' group called the Veronicans, organized by amongst others, Hernando Ruiz Ocampo, and which included Francisco Arcellana, N.V.M. Gonzalez, Manuel Viray and Angel G. de Jesus.

The Wikipedia doesn't have much on her.

Anything about you that has made you the person you are today. Friends or family, write down quotes that mean a lot to you in fancy handwriting or collage them from magazine letters, depending on the style you're going for. Also, letters or notes from important people, cards, anything. I do not have a scrapbook for myself, though I made one for a friend's child, but I always think about how I want to make one for each of my children, so add anything that makes you YOU! Also, consider anything you may want your future kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, any descendent really to know about you. And, if you mean for it to be passed onto your future kids, it may be nice to note throughout the years how you feel about growing up or what kind of life you had, as well as later on, a note explaining how important these family members and/or friends were to you, as well as how important the people you want to see the book are. Just be selfish with it, and indulge in creating your unique personality. But remember, it will be a lot of time put into it. Have fun!