Phantom of the opera...?

Why in the Phantom of the opera play and movie, they said when in the phantoms lair to keep your hands at the level of your eyes, i understood every other part of the production but that

Best Answer

The idea is that it will block the pun jab lasso that the Phantom will try to kill you with. The rope instead goes around your arm and head, therefore it's easier to get the rope OFF your neck. Joseph Buquet got hung because he didn't keep his hands at the level of his eyes.

They say that so that the Phantom can not place the noose around your neck, or in this case Raoul's neck. What Madam Gierry (sorry about the spelling) doesn't know when she tells Raoul this is that it won't help him anyway, because Eric, or the Phantom, is not stupid. Poor Christine, she has it so bad.

it's because if you keep your hands at the level of your eyes, then the phantom can't put a rope around your neck and strangle you since the phantom has a horrible habit of doing that to people. heehee

Source(s): my sister told me

Becouse of his Magical Lasso. The Phantom could attack by dropping a lasso around you neck and chocking you. By placing you hand at the level of your eyes, when the lasso drops, you can use your arm to pull the rope away and protect yourself.

I always thought it was just so they wouldn't see the ugly part of the phantom's face. But that's just what I thought. Loved the play, though.

they say that because if you keep your hand at the level of your eye, when the phantom's noose comes to strangle your neck, your hand will be there so you can get out without dying.

Love<3

The Phantom is terribly deformed. If one's hands are near to their eyes, they can cover them if he were to reveal his face. People scream in agony when they see the face. He isn't naturally a violent person - that is a rumor in the Opera House. He is just lonely and deformed and doesn't want to be seen.

Source(s): I have seen it 3 times. My friend has seen it 23 times.
  • RE_FAN

your hands at the level of ur eyes..

thelevel of ur eyes...

if some one threw something at ur face and your hand was in the way...i think it would hit ur hand.... phantom uses a punjab lasso to kill...ur hand at the level of ur eyes..lasso cannot penetrate ur hand...use ur imagination

tery'er right about the noose thing