Angie asked in TravelUnited StatesSeattle · 1 decade ago

Where is a nice place to live in Wasington? Nice area, country style in the woods. Nice weather?

We love nature, feeding the birds and watching the wild Therefore, we are looking for a nice tranquil place to relocate and retire. Love to walk and feel free, away from the big city. Not too cold, plenty of sunshine, no humidity. Planning a trip to explore, but don't know where to go. Can anyone help with info.? Not necessarily Seattle. We were from California more to the north and love the weather. We would love to be near CA.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the san juan islands. quiet, nature, the san juan island do have more sunny days then seattle area. property is not as expensive as you might think. there are state ferries, or there is an airplane (seaplane) that would take you to friday harbor. kenmore airlines is what could take you there. if you are planning on retiring and not work anymore this would be a beautiful place to live.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Bellingham sucks, in my opinion. I agree with the person who said Wenatchee. That's a nice place if you like a slower pace. Frankly, for hiking, I think down by Mount Rainier and the surrounding areas is the best place to look for that sort of stuff. If you're into camping, Millersylvania just 20 minutes south of Olympia off I-5 is a great place.

• 1 decade ago

You should consider Eastern Washington/Northern Idaho. I live in Spokane Washington and we are only 20 minutes from the border of Idaho.

We have lots of lakes, skiing, a river runs right through downtown, housing market hasn't skyrocketed yet, friendly people.

It rarely gets really cold in the winter, and it's hardly ever above 100 in the summer months. Lots of nature here to explore and for your retirement years- Spokane has the #1 rated cardiac hospital in the state, Deaconess Hospital. So good medical care is available for retiree's.

Come explore the eastern side of the state of Washington. I'm sure you'll love it :-)

Source(s): Born & raised in Alaska, currently in Spokane for 12 years now
  • 1 decade ago

Bellingham and Whatcom county is the place for you. We have skiing, hiking, biking, fishing, boating and bird watching (Bald Eagles are amazing). It is about an hour and a half north of Seattle, near the Canadian border. We are far enough away for peace and quiet yet close enough for a trip into the city.

Come check us out.

Source(s): www.bellingham.org www.whatcomweb.net www.bellingham.com
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hehe, are you defining "nice weather" as "not a lot of rain"? I guess Seattle's out of the picture...

Try Sequim (pronounced "Squim") in Northwestern Washington. It's a nice area, near to a lot of recreational activities (hiking, beaches, etc.) but it doesn't get a lot of rain due to its location next to the mountains. Rain just passes over the town and falls elsewhere. :)

Have fun exploring!

• 1 decade ago

if you really like counrty style living where you can feed birds and see wild life up close and walk on beaches and really nice weather you need to check out whidbey island is really nice here come check it out.

• 1 decade ago

how about asia, Philippines for instance. there is plenty sunshine, nice poeple, lovely nature

• 1 decade ago

There is no place like Wenatchee.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.