Does anyone know what happend to Shirley Temple?

I know she was a child actor, but what happend to her when she grew up?

• fcas80
    Best Answer

Shirley Temple Black subsequently became involved in Republican Party politics, unsuccessfully entering a Congressional race in 1967 on a pro-war platform. She went on to hold several diplomatic posts, serving as America's delegate to many international conferences and summits. She was appointed American ambassador to Ghana (1974–76). In 1976, she became the first female Chief of Protocol of the United States which put in her charge of all State Department ceremonies, visits, gifts to foreign leaders and co-ordination of protocol issues with all US embassies and consulates. She was ambassador to Czechoslovakia (1989–92) and witnessed the Velvet Revolution, about which she commented, "That was the best job I ever had." In 1987 she was designated the first Honorary Foreign Service Officer in US history by then US Secretary of State, George Schultz.

Recent news on Shirley...

On Mothers Day 2001, there was even a movie about her life on ABC starring Ashley Rose Orr. In 2002, Shirley's first husband John Agar died. In 2005, the love of her life, Charles Alden Black, her husband of 55 years passed away. On January 29, 2006, Shirley was honored with a Screen Actor's Guild Lifetime Achievement award, which she accepted with the grace and humility that has accompanied her throughout her life.

Shirley Temple still sparkles!!

• LeAnne

Shirley Temple married and became Shirley Temple Black. You can prolly look her up on wikipedia, but I'm too lazy right now. I do know that she became a United States Ambassador.

She is still alive. Shirley grew up, got married, and became a diplomat. Her name is Shirley Temple Black and she was a former U.S. Ambassador to Ghana.

Shirley Temple Black is now the ambassador to some African nation, I believe.

She actually became some kind of ambassador. Pretty sure she's still alive - Shirley Temple Black

• L-Rad

Shirley Temple is still alive, but she is retired.

she got married

shirley temple black and faded from the big screen. she doesnt do much now

I believe shirley is still living I believe she married and has several children ,mattied name I believe is Black and was active in oplotics I believe in Calfornia,might have run for gobernor of Calfornia

She accepted political appointments... US representative to UN. Ambassador to Ghana. Ambassador to Czechoslovakia.