Do I have to change her last name?

I am about to request a DNA test for my daughter so that I can get child support for her, but when the process is over and done with, will I have to change her last name to his? He is not on the birth certificate now, so she has my last name, I know he will have rights to her, but do we have to absolutely change... show more I am about to request a DNA test for my daughter so that I can get child support for her, but when the process is over and done with, will I have to change her last name to his? He is not on the birth certificate now, so she has my last name, I know he will have rights to her, but do we have to absolutely change her last name? I know it sounds selfish, but its not like he's doing this of his own free will.
Update: She's only 6 months old, if she was old enough I'd give her the choice. I appreciate all the answers and opinions, Thank You.