Has William Gibson (the scifi writer) ever been to Russia?

The latest novel by Gibson (Pattern Recognition) has a wonderful and exact depiction of Moscow in 2002. I can hardly imagine someone describing a place so close to reality and not having seen it with his own eyes.

Despite this I failed to find a single evidence that Gibson visited Russia himself.

Can someone in the know enlighten me?

Favorite Answer

Probably he is well traveled and he not only writes sci-fi, he has several novels out there that are wonderful. You should check him out on his website.

• cambi

In his way Stalin replaced into yet another Hitler, and Stalin lasted longer in ability, and died of previous age, nonetheless in ability. Stalin replaced into in fee of Soviet Russia, crucial united states. considering the fact that that factor there have been countless dictators in fee of countries that have had extensive impression, e.g.Ghaddafi in Libya (small united states via inhabitants, yet huge impression via fact of oil), Mao Tse Tung in China and Saddam Hussein in Iraq (oil, back, and look on the chaos in Iraq considering the fact that he replaced into deposed). no one can assume the destiny, yet i would not be stunned to discover a dictator in a matching place to Hitler at it slow.