nkbocc asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

What is REALLY the best recorded guitar solo?

Some of the answers provided last time were questionable. No "Crossroads" off Cream's Wheels of Fire? That is a solo.

• chante
    Favorite Answer

Down by the River, Neil Young

Jimi Hendrix - The Star Spangled Banner

Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses is pretty good, Slash has an amazing solo in the beginning.

The one from Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Intruder by Van Halen

I think Malmsteen recorded the best guitar solo. Pick any one.

" Do you feel like I do " Peter Frampton Comes Alive has my personal vote, but I'm sure that Jimmy Hendrix would have the most popular vote among us older folk. Well now that I think of it , I really like the begining of James Gangs "Funk 49", or maybe Ram Jams "Black Betty"

• ?

In my opinion, the late Eddie Hazel from Funkadelic. The song was called "Maggot Brain". The way he played that guitar made you feel all kinds of emotions from lust to love, pleasure to pain, and fear to redemption.

IT is probably one from Synister Gates of avenged sevenfold. I saw them in concert and he did a MINDBLOWING solo. It was so fast that you couldn't even hear every note ring out. I didn't even think it was a guitar.

Source(s): AN AVENGED SEVENFOLD CONCERT!!!

Inna-Gada-Da-Vita by Jimi Hendrix.