shane asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Do you think Sammy Sosa's corked bat...?

was an accident? I think he was using it intentionally.

Favorite Answer

It was no more of an accident than his corked body. He was juiced.

Of course Sosa used a corked bat by accident! He used it by accident several thousand times! Notice how his power faded after that incident. Where is Sosa today?

With the Cubs from my understanding they have bats that they do for home run practice that may be corked so that the fans can get balls during practice. I think that it is stupid that they have those bats personally but I think it may have been an accident that he had a corked bat that one time. Remember George Brett also had a corked Bat and that has not ruined his reputation.

• Mary*

For the record, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, so I think it was accidental. Don't take this the wrong way, but...It doesn't matter what we think, he got away with it whether it was intentional or not! Don't sweat the small stuff, buddy. Move on. Anyway: Didn't that happen, like, years ago? A better question might be if A-Rod will ever get his swing back!

yea. it doesnt matter though. a corked bat does not make much of a difference just like steroids only make you 2 percent stronger. if sammy would take steroids, he would cork a bat. it seems like he pay attetion to detail. every little edgehe can get, he will take

When you play baseball as much as these people you know your bats inside and out. Putting cork in bats makes them lighter so he much have been able to tell that it wasn't his usual bat. He's a cheater, as are many other professional athletes.

There's no accidents in baseball!!!!!!!

Sosa is as phony as his bat was and glad he is gone.

Albert Bells wasn't an accident and neither was Sosa's

Didn't that happen a few years ago? Isn't Sosa out of baseball?

It's always hard to tell. Considering the pressure he must have been under to stay at the top, it's very probable that he was desperate and used it intentionally.

sammy nedded all the help he could get between 'roids and corked bats & he still wasnt that good