If so much of the population is over weight.....?

how come most of the seats and chairs are made to accommodate smaller people?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because there is a set standard size for the the chairs to fit under desks or anywhere

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the design of seat and everything else must be updated to fit the people. seats last a long time and many are too old and thus too small. newer seats are bigger. example is Okd Taco Bells and the new Taco bells.

Airplanes need bigger seats too. they could have two sizes and charge by the pound to fly. the first class seats are bigger so I guess all skinny people are low class

• 1 decade ago

Because the country still values health and wants to encourage people to try to be healthy. If you ate so much or sat on your butt so long that you need two seats they are literally telling you to put down the fork. People create what they find attractive and ideal and whether it fits the whole of society or not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because skinny people are the ones designing the chairs and seats.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

outside america the seats are smaller - when i visited america a few years ago i was amazed at how big the single seats actually were

• 1 decade ago

I think yes and no some are but a lot are total helth nuts ( my family) and all of my frinds are the same way none of them are over weight and i have a lot of friends

• 1 decade ago

because it is the skinny people that create them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.