Whats a round tuit?

• carole
    Best Answer

My grandfather had one. It was a round wooden disc that had the word TUIT printed on both sides. Whenever I would say "I just can't seem to get around to it" about a chore or something he wanted me to do, he would hand me this disc and say "now you have a round tuit - go and do it!"

around to it = a round TUIT

Quite the punster my grandfather was. Peace!

It is a small wooden disk, which usually has some sort of advertisement or souvenir pics and/or wording on one side, and the words "round tuit" or just "tuit" on the other side. It started out as a joke to give to people who would always say "when I get around to it" in reference to something that needed to be done but they just could not fit it into the time frame of their busy lives. The disk caught on, and some people even have collections of them! I have two myself; one has an advertisement for a local hardware store, and the other is a souvenir from the Ozarks.

A round tuit is an imaginary object whose name is derived by word play from the phrase "when I get around to it". The phrasal verb "to get around to" means to attend to (a task) after finishing one or more others, often with the implication that one has been avoiding the final task for some time because of laziness or disinclination.

Sometimes the letters "TUIT" or "ROUND TUIT" on a round button or piece of paper are used to show that the person actually has got a "round tuit". Giving one of these objects to a person implies that he or she is a procrastinator.

The origin of the "Round TUIT" is unknown. There were some appearances of the "TUIT" in the mid to late 20th century, cut from brass and engraved with the letters "TUIT".

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_tuit"

Wooden Round Tuit

I actually had one on a key chain once. It was a round piece of wood that said "tuit" on it. That way when someone told me "when I get around to it" I could hand them that. I know, it's real lame, but it's supposed to be funny. You know, kinda like a back seat driver's license.

On the inside of my bible I have a round red circle, with the word

"Tuit" listed on it. Meaning...get "around to it".

Teachers give them out so that you can never say i never got a round tuit..its really lame.

Its an excuse.. " I'll do it when I get a round tuit"...

do u mean around to it