Did Israel arrest or Kidnap the HAMAS OFFICIALS?

Is it right for Israel to bomb Gaza in retaliation for the soldier kidnapped? I believe action should be taken but to what degree? U must agree with Israel in trying everything to get back one of their own but I think it's OVERKILL. If Israel knew where all these terrorists cell were hiding why weren't they proactive?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think Israel is being far more restrained in their actions that I would be in their position. Hamas - a known terrorist organization - has seized two Israelis. They executed one of them (the civilian), and want to negotiate the release of Israeli-held Palestinian prisoners for "information" about the other (the soldier). Further, since Hamas took control of the Palestinian government, the number of rocket attacks into Israel from Gaza has increased, including one that was claimed (by the Palestinians) to have a chemical warhead on it.

The Israelis are under relentess attack from terrorists organizations, and every time they respond to said attacks the Israelis are chastized by the UN as the aggressors... if Israel acts first, they are the bad guys. If Israel responds to terrorism, they are the bad guys. Israel is in a no-win situation, so they're taking the high ground - they are not initiating anything, only reacting to it.

And far from being overkill... Israel could easily level everything and everyone in Gaza and the West Bank if they chose to. What they're doing now is very controlled and very orchastrated, to keep from giving the terrorists anything to use propaganda-wise.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Kidnapped

But, that's how the world works.

You kidnap and it's arresting.

You detain people instead of arresting also.

You hold tribunals instead of trials.

You violate the Geneva Convention and call it a War on Terror.

People are looking for God in a presidential candidate and seek religion in the White House instead of a church.

Hm,

Makes you wonder doesn't it...

In the time of Christ the Romans were a brutal force, especially against the Jews. However, Christ didn't organize a milita or revolt. Instead, he tried to bring peace and educate people in a better way to live - outside of politics.

Why are people bringing Christ into an arena that he never participated in, in the first place? Nor, did he see befitting to his message. I think, many Christians will be surprised in the end...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Did Israel Kidnap the HAMAS OFFICIALS?

Yes, they did kidnap 8 ministers with immunities and 20 MPs with portfolios.

Yes, the chosen people and super race of Israel can do whatever they want. Bible said it and all western media say that every day. So, shut your mouth..! otherwise they will call you a terrorist, Jihadist, Muslim and send you threatening email with domain.gov.us and tell you that they are watching you and they know what you have done last summer!

take it from me.

• 1 decade ago

They're not pro-active becuz we hold them back. The overkill may be caused by decades of tension and threats. Imagine if someone one day blew up a bus of school children (which happened) and a few months later set a car bomb of at a restaurant (which happened), your patience would grow very thin. If Americans were in that situation where they were bombing our homeland, we would have ended it a few hundred suicide bombers ago.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I dont know why when so called Israel Kills and Kidnapping even the palestini CHILDREN nobody cares but when it comes to a French Jew soldier who came accross the sea to occupy and kill then the whole world have something to say ..... wakeup

• 1 decade ago

Can it be that Hamas executed two Israeli solders and kidnapped another (while illegally crossing into Israeli territory). Humm - sounds like Israel has the right to defend themselves and to repatriate their solder.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The words you choose to use depend on whose side you are.

If you are on the side of the Palestinians, then you would use the workd 'kidnap'. If you are on the side of Israelis, then you would use the word 'arrest'. And if you are neutral, then you would use the word 'detain'.

• 1 decade ago

last time i checked the gaza strip was controlled by isreal so it was an arrest

• 1 decade ago

They arrested them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.