Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

D C asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 decades ago

How can I find the name of a movie when I don't know the name of any of the actors?

I thought the movie starred Scarlett Johansson. When I searched her filmography it was not listed. A brief summary of the movie is that young woman was given by her parents to an older man to marry. They lived in a secluded area of maybe Wales or Nova Scotia. He was a fisherman.

Her older sister, brother and his wife came to visit her. Her brother and her husband went out fishing and she murdered her sister and sister-in-law while they were gone. When her husband returned she told them a drifter had murdered her sister and sister-in-law .

It was on cable maybe a year or two ago. For some reason I thought it was a Sundance Film Festival award winner but it wasn't listed there either.

2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

That sounds like the movie: The Weight of Water...the woman was researching an axe murder that happened in 1873, but it was set in modern day. Sean Penn was in it and played author Thomas Janes and her husband.

The movie was a series of flashbacks to what could have been Wales, as they had accents...I think in this movie, the girl, played by Sarah Polley, was married to an older man, but was in love with the brother. The older sister arrives, and the brother brings home a pregnant wife...they take in a boarder...and then all these things occur leading up to the murder - it did take place in a fishing town.

• 2 decades ago

Sorry I don't know the name of the movie but you can do a keyword search on IMDB..

http://us.imdb.com/Search/keywords

Or you can ask on the I Need To Know boards they're really good at answering questions like this...

http://us.imdb.com/board/bd0000001/threads/

2 decades ago

search for it in "imdb.com".im sure you'd tried it...if you know any name (director,screenwriter,any actor or actress...) you can find it..but it seems hard if you dont know any of them...anyway i hope you can find...good luck:)

• 2 decades ago

usually you can google the plotline. and i think you are thinking of match/point