what is the general attitude Americans have about their war veterans?

It seems America has given the men and women in this country extreme complications in receiving their promised due after serving and protecting our borders.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not only are there extreme complications and difficulties involved in trying to get what was promised, they have actually reduced and now deny benefits, to Veterans of the Vietnam era that were promised one thing and now get another. The old bait and switch. If the Veterans Administration and the United States government were a used car lot the Attorney General would close them down! Having said that...

I believe the attitude of Americans in general, your average "Joe citizen", is good. People realize now that the solder doesn't get to pick and choose his wars. You can oppose an unpopular war and still support your troops.

The young men and women in our Armed Forces today answered their country's call in time of need. They ALL deserve our respect and support. Remember them in your thoughts and prayers.

God bless our troops, and God Bless America!

Source(s): Veterans Administration Hospital! Personal experience.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I have plenty of war vet friends who are getting what they need, but I do have a friend who has a brother who gets very minimal treatment of his war wounds. He is always in pain and always at the clinic and they never seem to have any thing that helpe. I think veterans need more respect and need more money and benefits. They go through a lot for us!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i detect this question to be very suitable to the heritage it really is occurring today. Vietnam began in the course of the Kennedy administration and prolonged into an finished scale conflict by using a lie instructed by Johnson. usa of america before each little thing stood in the back of its defense force until eventually they were requested to deliver their little ones to wrestle. Then even as they could watch what conflict extremely became on the nighttime information they lost heart and wanted to run away and hide. even as men like my father got here domicile for doing what others were to cowardly to do, their shame became to anger at those who confirmed them to be the cowards they were. you will discover this in the present day as those who're too cowardly to serve or wrestle turn their anger on those who answer the drummers call to freedom, they call those that answer liberty's roll murders and accuse them of torture. They deserve extra efficient than a black wall contained in the floor with the names of the lifeless, they deserve a white Granite wall of delight and thanks for doing what i'd, might want to or did not do.

• 1 decade ago

I say not enough people appreciate them. They do not get the same amount of respect that they used to and that's very sad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think most Americans don't care at all.

• fooz1
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i'm extremely thankful and proud of them. but i want them to come home!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.