JM
Lv 4
JM asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Poland · 1 decade ago

What are Prague, Budapest, and Krakow most known for?

In Switzerland, I had to get chocolate, knives, and a music box. In Germany, I had to get a coo coo clock. What are the "must have" products from Prague (Czech Republic), Budapest (Hungary), and Krakow (Poland)?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Prague is famous for its ceramics, crystal, and garnets, but I prefer the textiles. They also have the most amazing hand-painted Easter eggs and woven Christmas ornaments.

Budapest has incredible ceramics, much more beautiful in my opinion than Prague. A nice milk jug would be a wonderful addition to any collection.

You can also go with their famous beverages. In the CR there is Bekerovka (sp). It grows on you. Then in Hungary there is Slivovice, a plum brandy, very sweet and delicious, and Poland, of course, is famous for its vodka. I've never been to Poland, so I can say no more than that.

• Ruth
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

There are night trains for both legs of the trip if you include Budapest. Budapest is a great place to visit, but if your wife hasn't seen Prague there's a lot to do in the city or as day trips from there too. If it were me, I'd be discussing it with my wife rather than a stranger on Answers, but the trip is feasible and you'll still have more things to see if you go back in the future.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Budapest is usually defined while the "Little Paris of Middle Europe" and if you want to see that town you'll need to take a peek with hotelbye . Budapest is popular not only for the monuments showing its own 1,000-year-old culture, but additionally for the relics of others who settled here. Stays from both Roman occupation and significantly later ruled by the Turks may still be seen in the city. Budapest has two factors, Buda and Pest, extending along the banks of the Danube, and they are representing two different people of the city. Suburban Buda and its historic fort region offer medieval streets and properties, museums, caves and Roman ruins. The active Pest side boasts the biggest parliament developing in Europe, riverside promenades, flea areas, bookstores, old-fashioned stores and café houses.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Prague is one of the cities worth-visit and to accomplish this you can begin preparing your holiday with hotelbye . Starting with the wonderful area around the Prague Castle or the Strahov monastery with its amazing selection and finish with …the entire outstanding town, Prague is just incredible. In Prague you can also visit the small house where Franz Kafka labored or the lovely Prague Castle gardens from where you could enjoy a special see of the town with its picturesque red roofs. In that town you'll never get bored. In the event that you will go throughout the spring you will see the spring woods in bloom; in the summertime you might find long dusks; fall provides you with decorative leaves and specific gentle and in the wintertime you will like the whole city covered with simple bright snow.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Life
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Prague

Crystal, unique art and beautifully made wooden toys and objets are the true Prague souvenirs, but the tacky T-shirt trade is one of the most lucrative. ================================

Budapest

namely porcelain (Herend and Zsolnay), embroidery, cut glass and crystal.

======================================

Krakow

articles of folk handicraft, such as needlework, pottery, wooden toys, metal-works or colorful blankets; as well as works of village artists, mostly pious sculptures. Those bent on something very Krakow-like may opt for a miniature version of the famous Krakow Christmas crib.

• Mal
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Prague has a bunch of these marionette things.

• 1 decade ago

prague-foe good beer and nice old town, budapest for cheep wine and parliament house, krakow for uni and palace...

• 1 decade ago

Prague,cheap booze and seks,Budapest cheap stroganov and seks,Krakow,church.

• 1 decade ago

Prauge has the best hand painted easter eggs.

• 1 decade ago

Are you going to an international convention by chance?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.