KH asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

What's the best way to remove price tags/stickers?

What household products do you use to remove stubborn sticky price tags/stickers? From hard surfaces, and from paper products (like a label, which I want to keep in tact)?

Favorite Answer

Lots of people use nail polish remover and it works...sometimes. Often those stickers leave behind an adhesive residue. I work in the in the retail food industry, which includes my staff applying scale-labels to weighed items. The best removal agent, for those labels that they 'accidentally' stick to the counter-tops, is butane lighter-fluid. This only works for hard surfaces: with a blunt-edged implement (sharp edges will scratch the surface) remove as much of the sticker as possible. Pour a little bit of lighter fluid onto the affected area and rub it around with a paper towel. Wipe again with the dry portion of the towel and, if necessary, finish with soap and water. Removing stickers from paper is a lot harder, and sometimes impossible as the porous material absorbs a little of the adhesive. Try steaming the area to soften the sticker and peel away as much as you can. Leftover adhesive can, sometimes, be removed with a piece of masking tape: apply and remove the tape, several times, to and from the sticky area. Good Luck!

• schwab

Removing Price Stickers

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): 39 remove price tags stickers: https://biturl.im/ei3Pa

mineral spirits or lighter fluid will remove the sticker and residue but will not leave the price sticker in tact. becareful using either of these on plastic -- it can scare the surface. I don't know how to remove it from paper with out damage

I haven't tried it, but I've been told that WD40 will remove the sticky stuff left by price stickers

If it is stuck to a hard surface you can aim a blowdryer at the price sticker for a few moments to melt the glue & should be able to pull it away leaving no residue behind.

Ice. Apply it to the stricker, gently scratch off while rubbing the sticker with ice...

wd40 is the best way to get rid of sticker adhesive or duct tape adhesive

gently soak them in warm water, on a hard surface, nail varnish(non alcohol)remover

Lighter fluid.