What did you think of The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada?

I think it could have been done much better as it was a good story line. I am disappointed in Tommy L. Jones, I have always loved him!

• Ashley
    Favorite Answer

I did think it had a lot of potential, but in the end it just reminded me too much of Don Quixote. I felt there were some loose ends that should've been tied up....the blind man, what happened to Barry Pepper's character and TLJ's character. (Of course I realize not everything has to be tied up neatly, but it was a bit up in the air, don't you think??)

The flashbacks confused me at first, because I thought when Barry Pepper's character and his wife (played by January Jones)were visiting that trailer, and then it cuts to where he's burying someone, I was thinking he had murdered the realtor! He DID give off a serial killer vibe at first, didn't he??

I do happen to really like Tommy Lee Jonees, though, and I also thought Barry Pepper was great in that role. He got a lot of press when he was in Saving Private Ryan, but then he never quite hit the mainstream, so it was nice to see him in a solid role where he could prove that he's talented.

So I agree with you that it could've been a lot better. It was kind of disappointing for me, too, as I kept reading good reviews of it but now feel they were exaggerated.

it suck