Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Country fans: What do you like better old-school authentic country or contemporary pop country?

I like both. I like a variety. Nothing beats old school authentic country (Hank, Patsy, Johnny) and new school authentic (Alan Jackson), but I admit a like some of the new poppy stuff like Rascal Flatts and Kenny Chesney. Ok so it's not real country but I still like it. I really love Brad Paisley, I'm not sure if he would be considered authentic or too poppy, I would say more authentic. He's one of the best out right now.

I love everyone that y'all mentioned. I can't think of much country I don't like, except people like Kid Rock who aren't even country, he just wears a cowboy hat for crys sake! POSEUR! That's the problem these days, just slap on a cowboy hat and you're country!

Oh yeah and I'm not a big fan of Kenny Rogers-he should stick to chicken. All he sings is boring sappy ballads. The last thing this world needs is another ballad. And he's had more plastic surgeries than Michael Jackson.

Favorite Answer

To name a few I love

People I Have Seen::::

Kenny Chesney

Keith Urban

Gretchen Wilson

George Strait

Miranda Lambert

Tracy Lawrence

Pat Green

Tim McGraw

Faith Hill

People I'd Love To See:::

Big & Rich

Brooks & Dunn

Dolly Parton

Brad Paisley

*Alan Jackson*

Toby Keith

Trace Adkins

Shania Twain

Rascal Flatts

Martina McBride

Sara Evans

Gary Allan

GARTH BROOKS BABY!!

That was only to name a few.

I love tons more.

As a matter of fact I am seeing Kenny Chesney, Big & Rich, and a few others at the Country Musical Festival this Sunday in Foxboro, Mass. =]

Source(s): me myself and I

I was raised on the old country and love it! Johnny Cash, Alabama, Hank, etc. I'm also a great fan of the "new" country! Can't believe that no one mentioned Randy Travis, George Strait, or Garth Brooks! I also love LoneStar, Diamond Rio, Trace Adkins, Craig Morgan, Chris Cagle....I could go on forever. Seen too many concerts to count, but some of the best shows I've seen are Rascal Flatts, Craig Morgan, Brooks and Dunn...again too many to count! Country Rocks!!

I like a little of both, but a lot of the newer stuff is starting to all sound so whiny and tends to run together. I like stuff with a good beat like Alan Jackson and Brad Paisley.

I hate Shania, Big and Rich, and anyone else that sounds like bubble-gum pop. How did they ever get classified as country?

I like a little bit of everything. Big and Rich, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Faith Hill, Johnny Cash, Charlie Daniels, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Lonestar and Carrie Underwood.

Depends on my mood at the time.

I'm split down the middle - like both genres of country. Hey - it all starts with the song, and if the singer is the songwriter, all the better. Can't believe nobody has mentioned Brooks & Dunn! They kick ***! Martina McBride...another outstanding voice though she doesn't write her own stuff. Check out her TIMELESS cd - she does all the old classics from the 50's and 60's that showcase the gems those songs are...still meaningful and relevant today.

I like the in-between. that's when I started liking country. REBA is my all time fave, but I also like Garth, George Strait, Keith Urban live (what a waste, I wanted him to marry my daughter), Alan, etc. I think so much of the stuff now is a cross-over from something else. Yes, I know all music starts out in a different genre. But still.....

I like the old -school country best (Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard,Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton etc. & of course Johnny Horton & Roy Clark.

But off the new ones I'm with you on Alan Jackson(A HUNK.) Let's not leave out 2 true Canadian singers who are great.(Paul Brandt & Terri Clark.)

Source(s): Myself**** A C/MC. Fan for yrs.

Strictly new stuff for me. Brad Paisley is good, but is about as old country as I want to get. I like happy music for the most part, and while the sad song here and there, but old country music was always depressing. Hope the new wave continues.

I like a little of the old country and the new country but some of what is now being country seems to be trying to 'cross-over' to the general music side.

You're right, nobody beats my girl Patsy. But overall, 90's country is best to me. Garth, Vince Gill, Reba and the gang. I especially liked Trisha Yearwood and K.T. Oslin. If you like Patsy, check out K.D. Lang's stuff, by far the most powerful voice in country.