What do you feel is a proper age to let you children date?

MY KIDS THINK THAT I'M OLD FASHIONED. THEY SAY ALL THERE FRIENDS ARE GOING TO THE MOVIES WITH THEIR BOYFRIENDS ALONE. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVE TO BE CHAPERONED WHEN GOING OUT ON DATES.

WHAT AGE DO YOU FEEL IS A GOOD CUT OFF AGE TO ALLOW THEM TO:

1ST- DATE.

2ND- GO OUT BY UN-CHAPERONED

3RD- GET SERIOUS AND CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS A COUPLE.

I KNOW THAT KIDS HAVE CRUSHES AND SO FORTH. I JUST DON'T WANT THEM TO GROW UP TOO FAST!

I PERSONALLY THINK 17YR OLD IS A PERFECT AGE. THAT'S THE WAY I DID MY OLDEST CHILD. I'M NOT TRYIN TO BE HIP. I'M TRYIN NO TO BE A GRANDMA TOO SOON! MAYBE I AM OLD FASHIONED! KIDS HAVE TOO MUCH FREEDOM THESE DAYS. THAT'S WHY TEEN PREGNANCY, AIDS, AND DRUG ABUSE IS HIGH ON THE RECTOR SCALE FOR TEENS, STATISTICALLY SPEAKING.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Favorite Answer

1ST- DATE. When I was in fifth grade people said they were "dating". They didn't meet outside of school, but they held hands on the playground. I remeber telling my mom that and she chuckled, saying how it was cute.

2ND- GO OUT BY UN-CHAPERONED People statred going out alone with each other when they are in high school. Definatly wait for un-chaperoned for high school. Hanging out at each other's houses is cool though.

3RD- GET SERIOUS AND CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS A COUPLE. This can happen at any time. It really depends on what they think. A "serious" couple would probably happen in high school.

About the whole pregnancy, AIDS, and getting high thing? You need to talk to your kids about that sort of thing.

Make sure that you daughters know how a boy should properly treat them. Also be sure they know that what happens to their body is their decision. Any time they feel pressured, walk away. Even if they think they love him and he loves her. Be sure that if they ARE going to, or they are thinking seriously about, having sex they know that they can come to you. If it is going to happen, be sure that they know about protection. This, of course, doesn;t mean you should give out condoms to your girls, but be sure they are not ignorant to birth control.

Your sons should know how to repspect and treat a girl. Repsect is a big thing. Though it might be hard, make sure they know the birds and the bees, and what happens to a girl while they are growing up. They should know what time of the month to be EXTRA polite. They should also realize that, even though it might be difficult, they should NEVER try to pressure a girl to have sex. Both of them need to be on equal ground with sex. Be sure they are educated about birth control and they know how to use it.

*Both Mom AND Dad can be a big help with both boys and girls. Show them about respect in a relationship by showing it at home. Sometimes it is easier for the kid to speak with one parent than the other. I find it easier to talk to my mom about my period, and my dad about the guy I think is cute, even though I know it makes him uncomfortable. That IS half the fun, anyway!

Ur not old fashioned just careful. Kids these days have way too much freedom and less guidence. They also lack the right information on sex education choosing to listen to friends more than adults. Peer pressure is hard no doubt. I'd say group dating the start of HS wait until senior year of high school for single dating. I think it also depends on the maturity and mind set of the child. Are they responsible enough to handle a date alone???

For group dates (unchaperoned) I'd say 15 and for single dates (also unchaperoned) 16. I think kids can go out unchaperoned, with their friends of the same sex or different sexes, between 12 or 13 depending on the child. I think 17 is okay for getting serious but not "We're getting maried" serious or anything.

I'm sixteen and i'll be a junior, and i'm waiting to date until my senior year in high school, just for the fact of education reasons and college. I don't think that you're being old fashioned. Maybe you should explain to them the way you feel. Personally, I think group dates should be allowed first, then single dating.

I think that they best age to let them go out being supervised though is probably 12 and to start dating is 13, I know your concern as a mother even though I am not a mother my mom didn't let me date so I had a boyfriend without her knowing, really what you should do is just trust your kids, place their morals really high and if they ever betray your trust then punish them or ground them trust me it works, its better than your kids to lie to you telling you they are going to their friends house when they really are going to their boyfriend/girlfriend's house

i think to go out with friends of the same sex unchaperoned should start at 13 to date should be 13 that usually still in middle school so it would be Innocent to date unchaperoned should be at age 14 -15 to get serious should be at 17 but it all depends on the maturity level

(1)I never really had chaperoned dates, We all just went out as friends, no "dates," no couples, just friends.

(2)I started dating when I was 17. (unchaperoned.)

(3) I think that depends on the boy and how much YOU trust him. me and my bf considered oursleves a couple after 3 months of dating.

Source(s): I agree with beba!!! Daddy should always be cleaning the shotgun when she brings a new guy home. And let him know he's not afraid to use it, if he mistreats his daughter

no matter how hard you try they will pusha nd push to try to get yoou to let them go. if you dont they will say ohh im going over my freinds house or to the movies with a freind. you should talk to your kids about safe sex and abstinence. but if you dont let them do anything when they can it might be wild and you may be a grandma

-first date--- around 15 or 14 unchaperoned

-second----- same

-third--------- after they have been going on dates for 2 months

I think that 13 and younger is to young. I would say when they start high school because then they will be able to understand it better, and that way they can make the right choices.

• I think you should let your children date when you decide their ready to, but the proper age would be 15 or 16