Where can I get more financial help only making $688/month on SS Disability & SSI Please? I can't pay my taxes

Hi! I am disabled and only make $688 per month on SS Disability and SSI combined with a small amount of food stamps. I cannot work any longer. My home is mortage free and my taxes cut in 1/2 because of the disability which is a blessing from God, however I owe $3000 in back taxes and they soon will go to the county and to the company called EXPAND who is the collections agency for the county of ERIE in Buffalo, NY and they will forclose on the home and auction it off. They do not care if you owe $30 or

3 million...you must pay it in full. No partial payments can be made.

If I sell the home I would have "some" money but not enough to live on for more than about 18 months max. Then I would be homeless. I have no where else to go. I have to keep the home but have no way of paying these back taxes. Does ANYONE know of ANY other assistance that is out there for disabled people in the form of cash benefits for such instances? Once you are on SSSD you cannot collect public asst. Help!

Favorite Answer

Call your govenor...

Rent out a room & yes they do allow you to make partial payments on your taxes cause I do it with my house I go in each month & pay alittle at a time & mine are $3000.00 a year as well I get Billed 2 times a year in Jan then in July.As long as you show them your trying they won't Forclose on U Honest They won't but your best bet is Rent out a room in your house then use the rent money to get caught up it will take time but otherwise you have no other options.I'm Disabled as well so I know where your comming from

i am waiting to see if i am approved for my ssi...but i know that this may be difficult for you to hear but you may to to sell your home and search for a place that goes by your income.. or rent your home to someone... and look for somewhere else cheaper to live until u can save enough to do what u need too. i am unable to work...because of my conditions and pain at the moment.. but i was denied.. but im appealing.. but my daughter is recieving it because she is disabled so.. i know what it is like and i have 2 kids and we are scraping by ... so have faith... it will get better

only 1 question,what on earth is property tax,im an australian,and we dont have that tax here(plenty of others though)our petrol here is a $1.26 a litre,and the goverment takes about 53 cents out of that(america only about 13 cents,so i hear)

well first they have grant for people like and also look into more sources however you can also move out of baltimore because baltimore isn't **** so you have a hole lot of opitions and then on a nother hand up can always go to Jesus and just leave it all to him always in Jesus name.

Source(s): I no him personly and he is a good God of course.

Wow, this is a tough one. You need to talk to a finacial advisor.