When did Congress declare the 'War on Terror'?

Given that only Congress can declare war (Article I Section 8 of the Constitution), when did Congress declare the so-called "War on Terror", and against whom? FYI, I'm not talking about the 2002 Authorizations for the Use of Military Force (P.Ls. 107-40 and 107-243). These only authorize the president... show more Given that only Congress can declare war (Article I Section 8 of the Constitution), when did Congress declare the so-called "War on Terror", and against whom? FYI, I'm not talking about the 2002 Authorizations for the Use of Military Force (P.Ls. 107-40 and 107-243). These only authorize the president to use force against "those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001" and to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq". Neither of these are formal declarations of war, neither under the Constitution nor under the War Powers Act. So, when did Congress declare war, and how do we know if that war will ever end, since it seems to be completely are the discretion of the Commander-in-Sheik.
Update: The reason the formal declaration is relevant is because the Constitution (Article I Section 9) mandates that "the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion". Yet, the Writ was suspended by Congress in December 2005, as part of the War on Terror. So, by... show more The reason the formal declaration is relevant is because the Constitution (Article I Section 9) mandates that "the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion". Yet, the Writ was suspended by Congress in December 2005, as part of the War on Terror. So, by extension, the War on Terror is considered by Congress to be a rebellion or invasion.
Update 2: Everybody, thank freetyme813 for copying P.L. 107-40 (AUMF) onto the page.