George Bush is the most intelligent and popular world leader EVER? What does this sentence mean???

OK..I GOT YOUR ATTENTION :-)))) I am blessed (or cursed!!) with a sarcastic frame of mind :-(( And sometimes that seeps into my questions too! And I have noticed many people here don't seem to understand when someone is been sarcastic...or ironic.... So I want to ask... Do you understand Sarcasm ... show more OK..I GOT YOUR ATTENTION :-))))

I am blessed (or cursed!!) with a sarcastic frame of mind :-(( And sometimes that seeps into my questions too! And I have noticed many people here don't seem to understand when someone is been sarcastic...or ironic....

So I want to ask...

Do you understand Sarcasm and Irony? How would you define it??

Are these phenomenas cultural..or depending on an expertise in the language??

I personally wouldn't say it is cultural...despite..it being a British myth 'that Americans don't understand irony' Because I have seen many Americans you understand irony..Whilst at the same time I have come across many Brits who don't....

What do you think??? Can you explain why some people like and understand irony..and others don't

Is Irony..a good or a bad thing?? (Should I refrain from using it because not everybody understands it??)