Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Why do we make a special exception for Industrial Hemp?

Industrial Hemp is a cannabis species plant that contains only trace amounts of the narcotic drug "THC" that is in high concentrations in Industrial Hemp's cousin marijuana.

What I don't understand is that there are a lot of different plants that if distilled you could produce a narcotic drug. Why is Hemp the only plant that has trace amounts of a narcotic and is illegal.

There is a reason people to who eat bagels often falsely test positive for heroin. Poppy seed in bagels could be processed into heroin. Yet we don't consider poppy seed illegal.

I'm sure that some people's lawn grass probably contains illicit chemicals that could be distilled.

Why are we making a special exception for Industrial Hemp?

I'm really interested in answers from those who think Industrial Hemp should stay illegal.

If having trace amounts of THC is enough to make illegal, they why are half the plants in the forest legal to grow? Most of them have just as much narcotics too.

I am not answering my own question by saying industrial hemp has trace amounts of THC.

Favorite Answer

Hemp and Maryjuana just don't sit well with Americans. First the devil was alcohol then when that was a mess the tide turned sour for Thc.

During WW2 the state then made it legal again so they could make parachutes or lose the war, there are many documentaries available on the net that explain the whole story.

But if Maryjuana is illegal it makes sense to make Hemp illegal or people would mix it up in the fields and the feds wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

"Why do we make a special exception for Industrial Hemp?

Industrial Hemp is a cannabis species plant that contains only trace amounts of the narcotic drug "THC"

You answered your own question.

You should ask a question what you wrote sounds more like an answer. If you see an industrial hemp question feel free to post what you posted is an answer.

Otherwise you are wasting your time.

Or is that your intent?