jackie g asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

How long can I take HRT?

Have taken HRT for 12 years, presently take 1/2 tab 0.625mg Premarin + 1/2 tab 2.5 mg Provera daily. How long can I continue? I am 64 years old and in good health. I take Approval 300mg daily for high blood pressure.

• Endo
    Favorite Answer

If you are doing well with the HRT and have found the proper formulation for your specific needs, there is no reason to stop taking it at all. HRT is usually taken for life unless it becomes contraindicated; for right now, since you are doing well and the HRT is conferring protective benefits on your heart and bones (among other functions), there is no reason why you should stop now or anytime soon. Keep feeling well.

• Rachel

It all depends on your body. Typically you will continue to have erections for a long time, but they won't be as...ridged. Your ability to maintain an erection will probably decrease over a few months. I'm not exactly sure as to how long it will be before erections stop completely. It also depends on your hormone regimen. All kinds of things factor into it.

from gods grace ,im free of drugs