jackie g asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

How long can I take HRT?

Have taken HRT for 12 years, presently take 1/2 tab 0.625mg Premarin + 1/2 tab 2.5 mg Provera daily. How long can I continue? I am 64 years old and in good health. I take Approval 300mg daily for high blood pressure.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Endo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are doing well with the HRT and have found the proper formulation for your specific needs, there is no reason to stop taking it at all. HRT is usually taken for life unless it becomes contraindicated; for right now, since you are doing well and the HRT is conferring protective benefits on your heart and bones (among other functions), there is no reason why you should stop now or anytime soon. Keep feeling well.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Rachel
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It all depends on your body. Typically you will continue to have erections for a long time, but they won't be as...ridged. Your ability to maintain an erection will probably decrease over a few months. I'm not exactly sure as to how long it will be before erections stop completely. It also depends on your hormone regimen. All kinds of things factor into it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

from gods grace ,im free of drugs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.