What are the ingredients in a the Michelada mix?

I know you add pepper, lime, Tabasco sauce, Worcheshire sauce, & salt the rim of the mug. I would like to make my own Michelada mix at home w/o having to buy it at the store. I know some folks use Clamato but can I use Spicy V-8? If so, please give as much detail as possible. Nothing too vague just for points. Thanks you!

CORRECTION due to grammar: What are the ingredients in a Michelada mix?

Favorite Answer

It's called the michelada, and loosely translated from Spanish, it means "my cold beer." It got its start in Mexico, and now it's available in border areas of the United States.

NPR's Noah Adams spoke with Charles Davis, president of Habagallo Foods in McAllen, Texas, about his new ready-made mix for the cocktail. Davis claims he's the first and only person in the United States to market the mix -- a concoction of lime, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce and Maggi beef seasoning, with beer added as you sip.

The recipe, if you can't find Davis' mix at the liquor store:

MICHELADA

1/2 lime, preferably a Key lime

Coarse salt

2 dashes Worcestershire sauce

1 dash soy sauce

1 dash Tabasco sauce

1 pinch black pepper

1 dash Maggi seasoning, optional

12 ounces beer, preferably a dark Mexican beer like Negra Modelo.

• Squeeze the juice from the lime and reserve. Salt the rim of a highball glass by rubbing it with the lime and dipping it in coarse salt. Fill with ice.

• Add lime juice, Worcestershire, soy sauce, Tabasco, pepper and Maggi, if desired.

• Pour in beer, stir and serve, adding more beer as you sip.

Michelada Ingredients

You pretty much have all the ingredients down....now for the tomato sauce, some people use it and some don't, they imporvise with more lime juice rather than the tomato juice...but the use of a little Spicy V-8 sounds good, but not TOO much because then you WILL have a bloody mary....OH yeah, when you rim the glass rim with salt and with

"Lucus", it usually comes in a small container with a duck on it, it has a salty,peppery mix to it and makes the drink absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!.....now YOU have me wanting one!!! ;)

LOL, that sounds like a Bloody Mary. A michelada is just tomato juice, beer, and lime.