Does anyone know what a yellow rubber band bracelet worn on the right wrist means?

I keep seeing people wearing these colored rubber bracelets and just wondered if anyone knew what a yellow one on the right wrist might mean. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Working with a company that makes anti-cancer drugs, I can tell you it's to show support for all cancer victims, this includes those who have passed away and for those who are fighting everyday with hope for a longer life. This is something that I do with a passion for all who are fighting for their lives. Many will mock this but when this terrible thing knocks on your doorstep, you look at things from a different prospective. I take much pride in what my co-workers do to extend life. I guess this pretty much sums it up. Many all who use Yahoo Answers never have to go thru the pain of having a loved one have this condition.

Source(s): Both my parents died from cancer.

"Wear Yellow" is an allusion to the yellow jersey worn by the Tour de France leader, the jersey worn at the end of five such races by Armstrong. It's a symbol of victory in the face of tremendous challenges, and it's a fitting symbol for the cause of supporting cancer survivors.

Yellow ones are Livestrong bracelets, started by Lance Armstrong. Proceeds go to cancer research.

It is probably a LiveStrong bracelet in support of cancer research. In the hospital, patients will wear a yellow wristband if they are not to be resuscitated.

Yellow has always meant for our troops to come home to us safe. I'm sure that's what's going on there- Remember with the Gulf War in the early nineties- We tied Yellow ribbons around trees and put yellow magnets on our cars?

• 38C

Live Strong

Its a livestrong bracelet. Perhaps you could read what it means on the bracelet itself.

It's the one LIVE STRONG who was promoted by Lance Armstrong, is for a fundation against cancer....

they've recently escaped from camp yellow bandray and are attempting to blend in with the rest of humankind.

Live strong

Source(s): A cancer survivor