Does anyone know what a yellow rubber band bracelet worn on the right wrist means?

I keep seeing people wearing these colored rubber bracelets and just wondered if anyone knew what a yellow one on the right wrist might mean. Thanks

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Working with a company that makes anti-cancer drugs, I can tell you it's to show support for all cancer victims, this includes those who have passed away and for those who are fighting everyday with hope for a longer life. This is something that I do with a passion for all who are fighting for their lives. Many will mock this but when this terrible thing knocks on your doorstep, you look at things from a different prospective. I take much pride in what my co-workers do to extend life. I guess this pretty much sums it up. Many all who use Yahoo Answers never have to go thru the pain of having a loved one have this condition.

Source(s): Both my parents died from cancer.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

"Wear Yellow" is an allusion to the yellow jersey worn by the Tour de France leader, the jersey worn at the end of five such races by Armstrong. It's a symbol of victory in the face of tremendous challenges, and it's a fitting symbol for the cause of supporting cancer survivors.

• 1 decade ago

Yellow ones are Livestrong bracelets, started by Lance Armstrong. Proceeds go to cancer research.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is probably a LiveStrong bracelet in support of cancer research. In the hospital, patients will wear a yellow wristband if they are not to be resuscitated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yellow has always meant for our troops to come home to us safe. I'm sure that's what's going on there- Remember with the Gulf War in the early nineties- We tied Yellow ribbons around trees and put yellow magnets on our cars?

• 38C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Live Strong

• 1 decade ago

Its a livestrong bracelet. Perhaps you could read what it means on the bracelet itself.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's the one LIVE STRONG who was promoted by Lance Armstrong, is for a fundation against cancer....

• 1 decade ago

they've recently escaped from camp yellow bandray and are attempting to blend in with the rest of humankind.

• 1 decade ago

Live strong

Source(s): A cancer survivor
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.