Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

What does the slang word "tool" mean?

Everyone's saying it now and I have no clue.

Keep it short and to the point.

• violet
    Best Answer

Someone who is easily used.

Tool Slang

RE:

What does the slang word "tool" mean?

Keep it short and to the point.

Source(s): slang word quot tool quot mean: https://trimurl.im/b30/what-does-the-slang-word-qu...

The word "tool" may be used as an insult, describing someone who is being manipulated without their knowledge, implying that they are naïve and ignorant.

The most common use is to describe someone who is being used by large corporations, the government or most commonly pop culture. In this context, the term is thought to be a contraction of "tool of the system". The insult is used in Western counter-culture to describe strong proponents of those institutions, who seem to truly believe in what is thought of as a mass deception. This became a popular word in the 1990's and 2000's. Individuals may be described as "tools", as an insult meaning that someone is a klutz or easily taken advantage of. A person mindlessly buying into pop culture trends may represent a kind of "toolish" behavior.

slang word tool

i know three

1. a mans "tool"

2. to be tooled (worked

3. as smart as a tool (dumb)

that does it for me

I first came across this slang use in one of the Shakespearean plays, so its been around for a while, and it was meant as what the answerers are saying: "prick" or "dick" or any other below the belt insult you can think of. It means simple-minded.

It is durogatory. Usually means your "manhood" in an inflamatory way. Most often people use "tool" as a way to put someone down, the same way people use the word "idiot". As in "What a tool".. to mean they are degrading the person.

Tool is slang for idiot, or also a slang word for penis.

I heard a guy use it once and he was talking about his "manhood".