promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
aj1908
Lv 4
aj1908 asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 decade ago

Wells Fargo bank, love 'em or hate 'em?

Since becoming an account holder w/ this bank, it has been a miserable experience. Never in my 13 years of banking have I seen such lack of concern for customer service, never have I had a bank place hold on deposits. When I first opened my account the receipt they gave me said the funds had been credited on the same day, but then I found later there was actually a hold. When I called regarding this b/c two crucial items bounced, they said that I was lying even after I faxed them proof b/c they had given me another receipt saying that a hold would be on it. I am contacting the Federal Reserve and any other government institution to bring action against them. It is obvious that marginal customers like myself are not worthy of the banks time, they just want my money so they can w/hold it from me and play with it.

Responses please, is there anyone else out there that has a problem w/ Wells Fargo?

Good answer gets 10 points

Update:

Based on answers so far are there any good banks besides WaMu and Bank of America (been there done that, but since Wells, BOA is starting to look attractive ) in the Los Angeles area?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't care for Wells Fargo Bank or at least the branch in my town. When I was younger my mom would ask me to take her deposits into the bank and on several occassions they would act like I was trying to take money. Even after my mom had filed paperwork that ok'd me to drop the deposits off. I remembered telling them hey Im trying to give you money not take it away. So when I got older to have an account I went to another bank. Wells Fargo made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on them.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Wells Fargo Sucks

• 1 decade ago

Wells Fargo sucks

I quit banking with Wells Fargo five years ago. There was an issue of missing deposits into my account, I said no problem, fix it. The second time it happened, I got a cashiers check from closing my accounts and went across the street to Bank of America.

• 1 decade ago

I have the kind of job that puts me in frequent contact with banks of all kinds. Wells Fargo is not on my list as customer-friendly. I don't like Wells Fargo, nor Washington Mutual or B of A.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My ex husband kept getting these weird phone calls from someone who refused to leave a name or message.

He works on the road...anyway finally after like a year

He was home when they called and here it was Wells Fargo

mad about a past due bill that he never even got a letter for,

let alone a bill or knew he owed the money.

And they just red flagged our credit because of there B.S.

No knowledge of the bill or that they were calling.

And were very rude to deal with.

• 1 decade ago

wells fargo stinks. my family left that bank last year cause it sucked. i can't beleive some people still go there. i'm surprised it hasn't shut down yet.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Just take a look at http://wells-fargo.us

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.