When I insert a .jpg file into a Word document, it does not display on the document.?

I just get a thin line border around the perimeter of the image, or if I click on it, I get the little black boxes at the corners. If I go into Print Preview, or if I print the document, the image "magically" appears. I have had this problem before on another computer, but I forget how I resolved... show more I just get a thin line border around the perimeter of the image, or if I click on it, I get the little black boxes at the corners. If I go into Print Preview, or if I print the document, the image "magically" appears.

I have had this problem before on another computer, but I forget how I resolved it. I have gone through every option setting and formet setting I can think of, and HELP has been NO help (no surprise there).

I am using INSERT, PICTURE, FROM FILE, and selecting a jpeg file from my hard drive. I tried copying and pasting, and that does the same thing. I also tried a GIF file and the same thing happens.

How do I get a pic file to display in the document while I am working on it?