Calling Christians: How is worshiping Jesus not "idol worship"?

It just seems like the Bible is so anti-golden-cow and then suddenly busts out the "you can worship Jesus though because he totally the son of God". How likely do you think it is that Jesus is in fact the son of God and not just some "enlightened" being or perhaps just another... show more It just seems like the Bible is so anti-golden-cow and then suddenly busts out the "you can worship Jesus though because he totally the son of God". How likely do you think it is that Jesus is in fact the son of God and not just some "enlightened" being or perhaps just another "prophet", or maybe even just some overhyped guy who got his acts blown out of proportion?
Update: Well, it seems as if the majority of the posts as of my writing this (there are 19) were made by very devoted Christians. Unfortunatly many of them may have misinterpeted my question. I did not ask this question to provoke controversey, but rather to provoke thought. I appreciate all the responces and will now... show more Well, it seems as if the majority of the posts as of my writing this (there are 19) were made by very devoted Christians. Unfortunatly many of them may have misinterpeted my question. I did not ask this question to provoke controversey, but rather to provoke thought. I appreciate all the responces and will now clarify my question:
The bible makes it very clear that one should not worship anything/one other than the one true God. Jesus is reconized as a profit by most Muslims and as a man who reached a hightened level of awareness by a great deal of Buddhists. People of many faiths agree that Jesus was a great fellow, but only Christians consider him as a being on the same level as God. Keeping in mind the beliefs of so many other faiths, isnt there a good chance that Jesus was not God?
[A quick note to the person who posted the comment regarding the "not I but us":I believe this is a weak argument because it is based on the translation;I am told it makes more sense in Hebrew.