what are your thoughts on the quality of nursing care provided in hospital,nursing home, VA medical setting

On a scale of one to ten with ten being excellent and one being exceptionally poor, how would you rate the care provided by the nursing staff?

Best Answer

1 it sucks! they are mean and uncaring. I can name about 20 right now that should have there license revoked and sent to jail for the things they do to these poor people.

Source(s): work in health care

There should never be a shortage of nurses at any health care operation. But, unfortunately, there is due to cost saving objectives by political appointees who just happen to have purchased a table at the last political fund raising efforts by a political party.

It is more than ridiculous when the quality of nursing-health care is less than fully staffed at the Veterans Hospital. Every member of the military should be guaranteed full health care benefits to include a full range of quality nurses whether it be in-patient or out-patient care.

It is unfortunate that the U.S. Congress/President can find money to fund boondoggles and re-election projects that hardly serve the public while returning G.I.'s have often been denied full and on going medical/nursing treatment due to budget cuts.

Take the politics out of the Veterans Administration and the rest of any and all health care providers and we'll all get better quality health care. My life and the quality of health care I receive should not be dependent upon political bureaucrats.

depends on the hospital most are good. Nursing homes poor to average. VA centers vary some give much better care than others but I would personally not want to be in a VA center without a knowledgeble private duty nurse at my side 24/7

Source(s): I have been a nurse since 1972

Nurses are not afforded the time p/patient to give proper care. The employers' greed causes them to hire too few nurses and overload them with work--a lot of it administrative that could be done by a secretary, incidentally. So unfortunately, score is about 4.

it depends on the individual nurse and the hospital's policy and procedures about nursing care. be sure to educate yourself about what is expected of the staff....NURSE is a word that sometimes, mistakenly, covers all aspects of care in the hospital, when there are licensed vocational nurses, registered nurses, physical therapists, nursing assistants, respiratory therapists and others who directly interact with patients.

They take your things and your there to die. Life is over. My grandmother died in one.