Who thinks there should be a limit on the length a Yahoo! Answers answer can be?

Take a look at this one:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhoOA...

This is RIDICULOUS! And you know all they did was cut and paste. C'mon, wouldn't a link be a lot easier and keep people from having to scroll so much to see the other answers?

Favorite Answer

i some times will give a detailed answer which runs longer than most. Moreover, I appreciate a good specific answer. For example, I asked how do you get one of Those cartoon faces on my profile and the guy who gave me step by step instructions got "Best Answer".

On th other hand whoever posted the answer you referenced did just cut and paste and gave the worst answer I've ever (not) read.

But, I don't support a limit either. I think the guy who posted that answer should be reported and he would probably change his ways, perhaps he is new and thought he was doing a good thing, and he could be suspended if he continued to receive abuse reports.

What I really dislike though is a non answer - answer like "who knows or probley not or maybe or perhaps. essentially what they are answering is "I don't know"

Me, too! Some people get on a rant and can't seem to stop, and some just paste answers like you said. Either way, it's not being read my most of us and just taking up space.

Also, I read at least one answer that put in a reference that proved the exact opposite of the answer the person gave. S/he obviously hadn't even read the reference, but just stuck in something off the WEB.

Oh really if you can't answer a question about disco hit the next question stop.I agree some I don't even read and end up moving on.I call it brain lazy! I would have just answered the question because some of it was Groovy man!

I think we need a limit, that's so annoying. I never read even half of the answer when it's too long, I skip down to the next response.

I think they should just have a rule against copy and paste from other sites. If you want to use some other groups work, just put in a link.

• Muffin

Oh my goodness that is just crazy! I think that should be limited I mean they should know no one is going to read that!

• ?

YES!

If you can't give a succint answer, you should not be allowed to blather ever on, and on, and on, and on, and on............ (etc).

Especially if the answer requires no brain power whatsoever (cut-and-paste). Just give us damn link!!!

Correct I agree.

Ever the questions sometimes go on & on.

I do , I usually dont read the long ones.. my adhd and all....lol

i think there should be a limit too! too much reading!