Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 2 decades ago

Yahoo is currently my home page. Internet options will not allow me to change to another web page.?

I have checked with Explorer 6 help and I do not have a virus. Anyone have this problem? Please help.

2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

Before you download anything........

1)If it's greyed out.. whoever has Admin. rights took this feature away from the computers users.

2) Follow these steps to change your Home Page

A).Go to the Web page you want to make your home page.

B) On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.

C)In the Internet Options box, on the General tab, click the Use Current button

3) If that don't work download and reinstall IE6 or the new 7 version. Check your system requirments prior to a IE7 install.

• 2 decades ago

Yahoo! will never cause any trouble to it's customers.

You may have tried this. But let me tell you this.

Go to your preferred web site and click menu Tools--> Internet Options. Then click "Use Current". Or simply press "Use Blank".

2 decades ago

Go to the page you want for your home page.

Now on the top bar select -Tools, Internet Options and on the home page section select - Use Current.

• 2 decades ago

go to internet option, and type the web address that you want to be as ut homepage then ok

2 decades ago

reinstall ie6,that should change your default home page back to msn

• karls

contained in the webbrowser bypass to: for firefox: approaches > thoughts > accepted > and on the feild next to "area(s)" positioned inspite of hyperlink u pick click ok. for internet explorer: approaches > internet thoughts > accepted and on the feild next to "handle" positioned inspite of hyperlink u pick. click ok