Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 decade ago

Business licensing?

Does anyone know what sort of licenses and legal stuff I would need for a mostly Internet-based business in Illinois?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You need to file for an Illinois Tax Registration. You can find the form at the home page of the Illinois Department of Revenue, which is located at the following link If you have any problems finding it there, then you can find it at

  • 1 decade ago

    Go to the Illinois state web site (probably and they'll have links to the chamber of commerce and all the business licensing offices. Also, a book store would have a book on starting businesses and the necessary forms you need to file.

  • 1 decade ago

    You still need to get an EIN number from the IRS for tax purposes. You also need to get a city license to do business. you may also need to register with the State Board of Equilization. These are the 3 that pop out off the top of my head. I also recommend getting incorporated...

    Source(s): Personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

    pat 50 dollars at your city office and be done with it. any woerdo can get one. I do.lololol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.