smith_cbs asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Will a UTI or Bladder Infection go away untreated?

Favorite Answer

no it wont, you infected bladder and urinary tract will get worse in time. do you really want to feel like you are peeing razors. i seriously doubt that the majority population would want that. in fact its better to get it treated early with medication rather than having surgery. for women it can infect their reproduction system if the infection of the bladder and urinary tract got worse. there is also a possible chance that whatver organism infecting your bladder might leak into your bloodstream. even though urine is considered dirty,it is sterile meaning it is germ free. when there is germ in your urine it means that you have an infected bladder and signs you have UTI

Source(s): i did assignment on it n pathology and clinical microbiology

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): uti bladder infection untreated: https://tinyurl.im/mqZVn

UTI will not go away by itself. The ONLY way to cure UTI is to take a full course of antibiotics exactly as prescribed by a doctor. There are no home remedies. Drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice may help prevent UTI, but will not cure UTI. If left untreated, UTI will spread and cause kidney damage and other serious problems. You need to see a doctor ASAP.

No, and it could lead to kidney infection. If that goes untreated it could lead to kidney failure. The reason I know this is because it happened to me. I had a UTI and did not treat it, a few weeks later I was is horrible pain. I had told my mother "I think I am dieing" I could feel the poison running through my body. So I went to the emergency room, My kidneys were so infected, they had all but stopped working. I was in the hospital for a few days, and on meds for a while. It all could have been avoided if I went to the doctors in the first place.

Yes it can, but it is more likely to get worse... especially if you don't do anything to help it get better.

Your body fights off infections all the time. But UTI and bladder infections are quick to develop. Try drinking as much water as you can hold, kick in some vitamin C, drink Cranberry Juice (natural antibiotic properties, but watch it because most the juices are mostly apple or grape juice)... and like all infections try to get some extra rest.

If it doesn't go away... definitely get to the doctor. The longer it hangs around, the harder it will be to get rid of it, even with antibiotics.

Speedy healing!

In my experience it only gets worse. Just go to the doctor and get some antibiotics....its worth it. Do you really want to go through the pain? And it can get a lot worse. I didn't get treated for a while and my bladder infection turned into a kidney infection as well..

it can, but then again it might not, I would go get treatment if I were you. Also try chiropractic, you would receive many benefits, and might not get another infection. It will also greatly increase your immune system because it takes away the interference from your nervous system. Your body has the power to heal itself, it just cant have any interference. The nervous system regulates everything in your body. And chiropractors specialize in enhancing the nerves, by taking pressure off the nerves, without surgery.

Source(s): chiropractic patient, and student

not really, a untreated UTI can kill you. you can try cranberry juice for the first few days and if the symptoms dont go away, then get to a doctor, don't put it off because it messes up your liver!! good luck, i just got over one, lots and lots and lots of cranberry juice!

No, it will not. You MUST go to a doctor, have a your bacteria levels analized in your urine, plus, if there is blood in your urine, that can also be detected. Usually, the doctor will prescribe antibotics, such as Microbid, you will need something for the nausea that the antibotic will cause as well...if you do not get medicine for a UTI, it WILL NOT GO AWAY.

Definitely Not!! if you have a UTI you should def. go to the dr right away & get treated. If you let it go too long, you can cause scarring & damage to your kidney, plus not to mention its uncomfortable. Usually antibiotics will do the trick to get rid of this annoying, uncomfortable ailment. But get to a dr!!