your feelings about the sins in the Bible?

After 243 questions, i'm starting to get the way most christians interpret the bible. A sin is a sin is a sin. There is no 'in between', a sin is a sin. Because it's God's word. Ok, i begin to get that part now. (i am kinda slow in these matters, sorry)

I was wondering, seriously, do you ever have a feeling about all this? Do you ever wish something God tells you to be wrong, would in fact be not all that wrong? Specially the trivial items, like wearing clothes of two different fabrics, homosexuality, eating shelfish?

Wouldn't life be much easier if those things were never mentioned in the Bible??

Don't get me wrong, i understand that is your feeling that God's word should always be concidered as the full Truth, i just wonder how it makes you feel.

• Favorite Answer

Things have to be taken in context. I agree that the wearing of mixed fabrics and refraining from shellfish are not about morality, they are about sanctity - God set the Jews out to be His people of promise. The Messiah came through them. It's not that God didn't have dealings with (and laws for) other nations, but the Jews were bound to certain rituals and stipulations that had more to do with symbolism than with morality.

Sin is any transgression against God. All sins are the same in the sense that any of them separate me from God. Any of them. I hope that's what people mean when they say that all sins are equal. Because, of course, if they were all equal in all ways, they would all carry the same penalty. Or the same level of consequence. Under the Old Testament law, some sins carried more weight than others. Some would get you stoned to death and others required a payment to be made.

I believe there is also a difference between willful - premeditated - sin and being "over-taken" in sin. Maybe the difference is in the heart of the person and their willingness to repent.

All sin is equal in that it is equally undoable. Once done, it cannot be undone. That's why we need a clean slate, and Someone advocating on our behalf.

I believe that everything commanded of us - both to do and not to do - is for our benefit. I don't claim to know all the pros and cons of homosexuality. I certainly don't think that homosexuals are somehow in the same mindset as murderers. I don't hate people for their sexual orientation.

I still believe that anything we surrender to God, He uses for our ultimate good. Willingness is the key. I'm not saying that's easy.

I also don't believe it's the orientation itself, but the lifestyle that is sinful. It's the same for those who are unmarried (but sexually active) who are heterosexual.

Since I believe God's word is Truth, it would be unloving of me to say that I think something is fine, when from what I can see it is condemned. I'm not going to persecute someone for disagreeing with me, but I'm not going to lie if asked for my understanding either.

There are many things that would be easier if they weren't in the Bible. I feel sorrowful for those who oppose the truth (as I understand it). It isn't anything to gloat about. I know there are some who feel that that makes me arrogant. That's not my experience or intention. It's not me saying I'm better.

I believe that what is in there is for me to apply to me first. It's not something to bash other people with or impose on others.

Thanks for asking your question the way you did. I hope I haven't offended you - or anyone else for that matter - in my answer.

First, I'll define sin. A sin is something that goes against God, it is anything we think, say, or do that displeases Him. I do not think it is a sin to wear two different fabrics. Many things that are meantioned in the Bible were only for a specific group of people, and in order to know if it only applies to some you need to read it in context and see. "Never read a Bible verse," read at least the whole chapeter. A sin is always a sin, the hard part is often knowing what is a sin or doing what is right in light of that knowledge.

Anyways, life is not supposed to be easy if you follow the Bible. It even says in the Bible it will be hard. But that is not a reason not to do what is right. If people only did what was easy, the whole world would be in a lot of trouble right now. And feelings are another thing that we can not trust. If we followed all of our feelings, we would be in a world of hurt.

Well, those laws were given for the Levitical priests, so I'm not sure that would apply. Other than obvious ones taught in the NT as well (like killing, homosexcuality) and it is clear that even though sin is a sin, there are some that are worse than others. Need proof? Just ask any Christian which is worse, abortion or lying to your friend about how good she looks in a dress? It would be ridiculous to say that they are the same.

We are all human. Everyone of us has the same temptations. However, you cannot disregard absolute truth and pretend it is not there. If it is a sin you should avoid it. "Do you ever wish something God tells you to be wrong, would in fact be not all that wrong?"-No I don't because I want God's will to be mine as well; if that were any different, then my will would not belong to God's but that of sin and corruption which comes from Satan. God still forgives but he also looks upon the intentions of the heart.

All major religions/philosophies teach basic tenents that are for the good of all. That is, those fundamental rules that for the group to survive and not fall into Chaos and Anarchy. Thous shall not Kill; any religion/philosophy teaches that is wrong (evil) because killing within the community is the most horrendous crime and creates many different levels of stress and conflict between members of the group. Thou shall not covet thy Neighbor's wife - all religions/philosophies also stress this basic tenent in order to keep the peace between men and between women such that all understand that promiscuity within a small group/village would lead to conflict and stress withint the community. Thou shall not Steal; same reasoning and taught by all major religions/philosophies in order to maintain the group's cohesiveness. Each Religion/Philosophy may teach these messages differently, but they all result in the same message - there are certain behaviors that are not good for the group and will not be tolerated; therefore, the story of Cain and Abel; if one should kill another, then you will be banished from the group. These basic rules become codified under the aspect of a god or major belief system (Buddhism, ect), in order to pass these rules from one generation to the next and therefore, ensure the survivalibility of the group. Now, after generations of the Cheif pronogsticator/Priest/Priestess all teaching the same belief systems to the group and the rise of a literate class due to the invention of writing; then these belief systems can be codified within the context of religion; thereby ensuring the religious class control of the society and their hegemony. Thus, civilization can survive since we have certain codified rules that bind most of us so that we can all live together.

• byrd

it particularly is a splash like the muse of regulation wherein the objective of the act is the crime and the ending up is purely the finalisation. it is to assert that a theory might enter you head as is organic however the changing of that theory that's the obsessive yearning for that merchandise is the incorrect doing. this concept is clever exterior of biblical context in that wanting that which you would be able to no longer have will basically reason you to go through. so some distance as sinning in accordance to the Bible, sure you're. yet worse! From a psychological point of view you're able to desire to threat starting to be obsessive! it particularly is greater useful out than in, as I continually say! Repression of choose will deliver approximately negativity and soreness! And hassle approximately that repression in the form of a sin will reason you inner conflict. the proper situation is to be open and that they them have you ever think of she is particularly warm! and snigger approximately it. additionally locate the thank you to coach the placement into some thing actual and you will stay in touch with reality, shop it on your innovations and you will slip off into delusion land.

Sin is something that hurts another individual or yourself, the Ten Commandments, the 7 deadly sins if you truly loved from the heart you would do those things that hurt others. As far as sex before marriage, lookin at porn, smoking, drinking those are not wrong if your heart is in the right place, but drinking may be wrong for one person cuz maybe he has anger issues or leads him to drugs and destroy his life. In each and every case its different for everyone and nobody but God tells you what is right or wrong for you. Or lookin at porn if your wife is secure and ok with it, but if she isn't then you are violating the law of love because it hurts her. Sin isn't what most people think sigh...

Your attempted subtlety in burying homosexuality between a couple of "trivial items" is rather clumsy. Sin is sin, true. Homosexuality, however, is singled out for repeated mention, unlike most of what you call "trivial items."

Source(s): God's Word

It makes me feel great. Imagine a God who created all of this and didn't show any interest.

God cares about us ALL....he said it plainly when he said "Go ye forth, be fuitfull and multiply" He is in our lives and shows us his hand at work each day.......you just have to be willing to see it.

Take a moment and read John 3:16 - For he so loved the......

After reading this see the film "The Passion of the Christ". I believe you'll get the true feeling of his love for us.

If someone could give me an empirical definition of the word "sin" they'd be the first. As far as I can tell they are nothing but arbitrary rules imposed on the gullible by con-men.

Nothing more.