can i take out a home equity loan against my home with a co-signer?

i want to take out 30,000 home equity loan but i am in chapter 13 bankruptcy, can i get someone that has pretty good credit to co-sign for me

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Getting any type of loan while IN bankruptcy is near impossible. However, there are several lenders that have one-day out of bankruptcy programs.

    Have you just started the proceedings? Would pulling equity from your home allow you to forego bankruptcy?

    Many other questions about your specific situation...

    Source(s): Mortgage Planner Direct Line: 978-998-7157 Cell: 978-473-2437 Web: Email:
  • shula
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    actually, this could be a extensive adverse while it consists of co-signing, it shows up on your credit and can harm your possibilities to refi, get loans, etc. in case you do co-sign, determine you have criminal records in place created by making use of an lawyer with, for loss of a extra clever time era, a get out clause. looking on your concern, this could have an significant consequence on what you do financially and and not making use of a manner out, the only way so which you will get out could be for the folk to refinance. additionally see approximately going into call as in case you would be financially in charge, you ought to be in call besides, sturdy success

  • 1 decade ago

    If you weren't in bankruptcy, I would say yes of course. It depends upon each individual bank of course. There's only one way to find out. And I would suggest you go with a big name bank; they might be more willingly to work with a case like yours, because they have the legal and financial resources behind them in case something went wrong (ie-had to foreclose, etc.).

  • 1 decade ago

    no one will give you a cent. financial institutions would want you to pay up before lending you anymore money.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Chances are not in your favor.

    You should talk with your bk attorney.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.