Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Why is there an American flag for "en Español" answers?

I noticed it at the bottom of the page, shouldn't it be a spanish flag? or maybe a mexican one? I mean I realise some people in the USA speak spanish but aren't there more Spanish people and Mexicans who would have spanish as their main language? just doesnt seem logical to me

• Flif
    Favorite Answer

Yahoo! Answers has versions in English for the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, India, etc. Each is customized for users of that region.

Similarly, there are different versions in Spanish. The "en Español" version of Yahoo! Answers is the Spanish version which is customized for US users (and partnered with the channel Telemundo). There are also versions for Spain and Mexico.

• jenn

Some Americans only speak spanish.

all people that speak spanish are not mexicans.

and for your 4-1-1 spanish is the most other spoken language in the usa. so people that are on yahoo in the usa and are more proficient in spanish have an option!!!

think outside of the box!!!!

Many people who speak spanish in the united states speak a different dialect than that of spainsh speakers in Mexico or any other spainsh speaking country around the world, that might be it, but it is just a guess.

It also might just be the exact same pages as the united states only translated into spainish.

Mandi

Because a lot of people who speak spanish are also American. People can be born and raised here, but speak spanish in their homes.

Its for the hispanic people that live in the US that also speak spanish and wanna see latin american related topics. Mexico's site relates to mexican topics.

P.S. Cant Prove me wrong, give me my 10 points.

Because people speak Spanish in many more parts of the world than just mexico- including Spain, and the United States. That link is specifically for customers in the U.S. who would like to flex their intelligence and multilingual capabilities. The rest of us too dumb to speak a second language can continue to use the main site without being too confused.

Yahoo is an American company and therefore they present the flag of their own country.

Because this is an American site originating in America.

Yahoo.mx is for Mexico, and yahoo.es (I think) is for Spain. yahoo.com is still the US URL and it is just in a different language.