Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Why is there an American flag for "en Español" answers?

I noticed it at the bottom of the page, shouldn't it be a spanish flag? or maybe a mexican one? I mean I realise some people in the USA speak spanish but aren't there more Spanish people and Mexicans who would have spanish as their main language? just doesnt seem logical to me

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Flif
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yahoo! Answers has versions in English for the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, India, etc. Each is customized for users of that region.

Similarly, there are different versions in Spanish. The "en Español" version of Yahoo! Answers is the Spanish version which is customized for US users (and partnered with the channel Telemundo). There are also versions for Spain and Mexico.

• jenn
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Some Americans only speak spanish.

• 1 decade ago

all people that speak spanish are not mexicans.

and for your 4-1-1 spanish is the most other spoken language in the usa. so people that are on yahoo in the usa and are more proficient in spanish have an option!!!

think outside of the box!!!!

• 1 decade ago

Many people who speak spanish in the united states speak a different dialect than that of spainsh speakers in Mexico or any other spainsh speaking country around the world, that might be it, but it is just a guess.

It also might just be the exact same pages as the united states only translated into spainish.

Mandi

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because a lot of people who speak spanish are also American. People can be born and raised here, but speak spanish in their homes.

• 1 decade ago

Its for the hispanic people that live in the US that also speak spanish and wanna see latin american related topics. Mexico's site relates to mexican topics.

P.S. Cant Prove me wrong, give me my 10 points.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Because people speak Spanish in many more parts of the world than just mexico- including Spain, and the United States. That link is specifically for customers in the U.S. who would like to flex their intelligence and multilingual capabilities. The rest of us too dumb to speak a second language can continue to use the main site without being too confused.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yahoo is an American company and therefore they present the flag of their own country.

• 1 decade ago

Because this is an American site originating in America.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yahoo.mx is for Mexico, and yahoo.es (I think) is for Spain. yahoo.com is still the US URL and it is just in a different language.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.