Who has (or had) the most distinct sound in music?

Either the most distinct voice or music sound.

Best Answer

U2, Dave Matthews, and Taylor Hicks

• The most distinct sound in music could be the tone of Vincent Bell, a guitarist of the 60's and 70's. Although effect pedals were not as highly acclaimed as they are today, he managed to get a tone no one has ever gotten before. It sounds like water droplets of sound. Just to let you know, he was a pioneer for Danelectro and even an inventor of the wah wah pedal.

Misfits, Pink Floyd, Joe Cocker, NIN, Rush, Ray Stevens, Gwar, Hank Williams Jr., Korn and Slayer

South Africa's Simon ‘Mahlathini’ Nkabinde

He had the deepest growling voice. Listen to M'baqanga.

The Beatles

system of a down has the most distinct music sound out there.

they have a different sound and they make it all their own.

<3razorbladekristina

I would definately give "The Most Distinct Voice " award to OZZY OZBOURNE ! I will give " The Most Distinct Sound" award to LED ZEPPELIN ! THEY BOTH ROCK !!!

Leon Redbone

Areosmith by far, because they have a distinct theme and every song they sing you can tell with in just a few seconds it is them

elvis presley. I dont think anyone can sing like him, even if they try. they also can not have the same impact that he once had when he was alive. my second choice would be 2pac. i dont think there is an artist that can rap like him and have the same effect he had on people