When should I change my Water-bottle, Tooth brush, Shaving brush, shoes and socks?

Heard that we should frequently change our Tooth brush, Shaving brush, the water-bottle that we carry to work, as also shoes and socks that we daily use. But how do I know that it is the time to change the above mentioned things, since they all appear good and are not torn or worn out?

Favorite Answer

Toothbrush is the one you really need to change most often, especially when you have been sick, if you haven't been sick, you need to change it once a month, bacteria grows well on a damp brush and the bristles become too soft and misaligned to correctly brush your teeth. Shaving brush, just change the blade, so you don't let it get dull, which increases chances of hair follicles getting curled and caught under the skin. The water bottle, as long as that is washed thoroughly and not shared, I don't see a real necessity to change. Socks, if they show wear, fabric starts getting thin near the foot soles. May sure they stay clean. Shoes, the soles are most important, as the feet sweat and another breeding ground for bacteria, and athlete's foot, and odors.

Just think of it as you would your hair, trimmed and conditioned, to prevent breakage, split ends, etc.

Clean the water bottle daily in the dishwasher or with hot, soapy water...no need to change it.

Toothbrush...get new one after an illness or boil for a couple of minutes if the bristles are still strong...get new one at least every 3 months or when the bristles get weak

shaving brush...don't know

shoes and socks...wash socks after each use...try not to wear same shoes every day. athletic shoes can be washed in the machine and left out to air dry