Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

How can I get a job with the United States Post Office. Thank you, Marissa.?

I want a job in the Providence area of Rhode Island, or south of Boston in Massachusetts.

Favorite Answer

The Post Office website lists two kinds of jobs: Corporate and Mail Processing. I think you're looking for the Mail Processing kind. Check the link below for more details.

They will show you the different categories of jobs. For each, they tell you what the requirements are, what exam you must take in order to apply, and they give a web link and telephone number to search for jobs in a particular place. Hope this helps.

Hi! I want to share my experience with you about the Postal Job. First, go to the U.S. Postal website and click on the position that you're looking for. Right now, they are seeking Rural Carrier all over the USA. There are few City Carrier, Clerk, and other position. Reason for high demand of Rural Carriers is because of the city growth.

You type your name and address, then they will send you a thin packet about the testing date and location. Usually, they give you 1 or 2 months testing notice. They will also attach the testing study material, which you will find it very helpful. You can also borrow a US Postal Study Guide from your local library. The reason for testing is to determine how well you can do your job for the Postal (basic math, memorization, alpha/number order).

Once you arrive at the testing site, you will spend half a day to finish the test. After that, you will get a test result letter within 3-4 weeks. You must pass 70% and up on the test, except for the disability and veteran, which they get special points.

They will let you pick 3 cities on where you want to work for the Post Office. The first year, you will NOT get benefits (no health insurance, etc). It could be more than 2 years. If you're going to be a Rural Carrier (that's me), they will let you either use your own car or their vehicles. If your car, they will pay you extra for gas, repairs, milages, and more.

After I got my test result, I didn't get an interview until 5 months later and got hired several weeks later. Sometime you may or may not be on the waiting list - it depends on where you want to work at.

I hope this helps. I wish you best of luck on your job! :)

Go to any local post office and ask for an employment form.

Here's their employment site:

http://www.usps.com/employment/welcome.htm?from=ho...

go to usps.com they have forms and everyhting you need at there website!