What is the world record for birth to one woman?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Does anyone know the world record for births by a single woman?
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • Pren answered 8 years ago
THE greatest recorded number of children born to one mother in the world, according to the Guinness 2004 world records is 69. In 27 pregnancies, the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev of Russia gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets.

This was in the 17 Century. Only two of her children died at infancy. She also holds the world record for giving birth to the most sets of twins and sets of quadruplets.

Similarly, the highest medically recorded number of children born at a single birth is nine to Geraldine Brodrick of Australia. None of the children (five boys, two stillborn and four girls) lived for more than six days. This was way back in 1971.

But the most children delivered at a single birth to survive are a set of septuplets (four boys and three girls.

Their mother, Bobbie McCaughey gave birth in 1997 at the University hospital, Lowa in United State of America.

The longest interval between the births of two children to the same mother is 41 years. Elizabeth Ann Buttle of the United Kingdom produced her daughter Belinda in 1956 and rested for 41 years before giving birth to Joseph in 1997.

But among men, Guinness recorded Moulay Ismail, the last Sharifian Emperor, as the world record for fathering 525 sons, 342 daughters by 1703.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Well researched.
  • 7
  • Comment

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ? answered 8 years ago
    hi, you emailed me, but i was not able to reply back because Yahoo said their was an error on your email address.I was wondering if you can give me your email address so i can reply back to you.Anyways thank you for your concern about my eating problems.i was wondering why do you you think i have some wisdom?i mean you made a comment about me in your letter.I just want to know because i am unsure if i have any at all.It's nice to know.Anyways thanks for the nice email!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • nakedandsucking answered 8 years ago
    i know someone that's pregnant with her 19th.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • happydawg answered 8 years ago
    A lady in Atwood, Illinois gave birth to 16 children. I am friends with 2 of them. Their last name is Anderson
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • mikemadie answered 8 years ago
    I saw a show on TLC called 15 children and pregnant. Then it was called 16 children and moving in. I am not sure if that is the world record, but that is pure craziness. I hope they figured out what causes that.

:)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • DivaDynamite answered 8 years ago
    I recall earlier this year seeing something on the MSN website that mentioned a woman who was pregnant with her 21st child. That's right...21!!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • happyslappy answered 8 years ago
    i have no idea but its gotta be high my mother gave birth to 9 children!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • drewK answered 8 years ago
    in 1987 a woman in India gave birth to 14 babies at once. only 9 have survived.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Hophop answered 8 years ago
    i know about women got 8 here in egypt before.
    sorry i know it is not place to do that but i try contact u but no way so thought to send u here.
    ok mr pilot,
    my name is Mohamed, if u would like we can talk more through chat if u use yahoo messanger, or u can send me e-mails and i reply u.
    this my e-mail
    m_yahia_eg@yahoo.com
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock