Why do the Dutch national teams wear orange uniforms?

Why do the Netherlands national teams wear the color orange for their uniforms when their flag is red, white and blue?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Orange is the Netherlands' national colour because of the house of Orange, the Dutch royal line. William of Orange (William I, prince of Orange 1533-84) was the principal founder of Dutch independence in 1597. The current Queen Beatrix van Oranje-Nassau (of Orange-Nassau) belongs to the house of Orange and the Dutch flag, which is red, white and blue (like the French but turned 90 degrees), has an orange banner.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Orange is the Netherlands' nationwide colour simply because of the home of Orange, the Dutch royal line. William of Orange (William I, prince of Orange 1533-84) was the principal founder of Dutch independence in 1597. The current Queen Beatrix van Oranje-Nassau (of Orange-Nassau) belongs to the home of Orange and the Dutch flag, which is red, white and blue (like the French nevertheless turned 90 degrees), has an orange banner.

• 3 years ago

Why Does Holland Wear Orange

• 1 decade ago

the reason the dutch soccer team wears orange is becuase orange is the dutch royal color

Source(s): someone told me
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is a protestant color, same reason irish wear green.

• 1 decade ago

yuck, i hate it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.