If i buy a DELL laptop, should i get the insurance on it and the costumer support crap?

would you pay that extra money to back it up?

Favorite Answer

I bought my Dell laptop (Inspiron 9300) in December 2005. I got did the full insurance/warranty for 1 year and I'm glad I did. My daughter was using the lap top about 3 or 4 weeks ago and the letter "f" key flipped off completely - broke. I called Dell, (this was a Saturday), their technician called Monday afternoon after receiving the new keyboard and set up an appointment to come to my work to replace it on Tuesday. They would've come to my house, work, restaurant, wherever. It worked out great! Plus it's also protect against other accidents such as spilling something on it, etc.

I only purchased the 1 year plan because I know that towards the end of the year I can renew the plan. I did this all on the advise of a friend of mine who repairs and sells Dell & HP computers.

I think their at home service & at home warranty support plus their accidental damage protection (also called complete care accident damage) is worth it!

Source(s): Personal experience

just make sure ur buying a global warranty but dont buy from best buy as best buy has a deal that systems be it dell or any other sold by them could be serviced by them only and you cant even transfer the account as i have mention earlier in most of my responses that me being a tech spoc for indian cust care laptops know what a cus face if he dont have a good warranty

Jsut get the warranty, forget the customer support. I've been using my Dell laptop for like 3 years now and I only bought warranty on it, it helps.

Yes

i just bought a 1,200 from HP and passed on the insurance. i work retail and i think it is a load of crap.

if your computer doesnt mess up in that first month, then you should be good for years. just make sure you take care of it... properly cleaning it on a regular basis, not leaving it on when not working on it, eetc.

If it's a warantee insurance plan, then no..by the time the puter burns up,or breaks down, it will be outdated anyway.

depends on your usage.

try to buy if useing american express or any card that offers extended warraties for free

yeah sure its a dell

well depends on what u your, if your using outside of your house etc.. then yes i would get insurance on it. incase of damage/theif etc..

yes you should. nothing beats a laptop with no worries.